Phonesrfun

Ken:

That looks really great.

The fabric cord will look nice too.
-Bill G

dsk

Quote from: stub on December 22, 2011, 11:25:39 PM
Phonesrfun,
             Here's what I did for power and line-in box. This is an old AE connecting block . Now I need to find a 4 conductor cloth cord somewhere in the basement.  ??? More pics when I finish.  Yes , the black and yellow line-in wires are disconnected ;D     stub

How did this turn out?

dsk

stub

d_s_k,
          It turned out great!  I just have to paint the transmitter cup, arm and mount and get a crankpin repair kit from Phoneco and a mouthpiece. Just have too many irons in the fire right now.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

dsk

stub

d_s_k,
          Phone rings when I have incoming call and will also ring when magneto is cranked. Here's what is inside the 2 fake batteries- LB to CB  board by Bill G. and Colin C. and ringer control by Stan S. wired from behind with 2 terminal strips. stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

stub

Bill,
    Thanks . I'm just a little slow though ;D   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

I finally got all the parts and stuff together to finish this phone. Thanks again Bill and Colin!!!!!!!!!  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

stub

Bill,
       Thanks, I had great helpers!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Oh, I forgot to mention that the fake batteries have a real voltage on them from the power supply  . The top terminals are connected to the phone for real.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

trainman

Would this work with just the isolaton transformer to couple the phone to the line? I would like to just leep using batteries in the talk circuit and forget the relay. I was thinking more like  disconecting the ringer from the phone, connecting with a series capacitor, bridged across the line with the isolation transformer across the line, then connected to the lb phone.

Phonesrfun

You can use batteries instead of the power supply, but you must have the relay circuit in series with the transmitter so that the transformer can be switched into the circuit when you go off hook.  The relay method of detecting when you go off hook is needed, otherwise you are looking at doing some physical wiring changes to the phone.
-Bill G

trainman

The  relay is there because without it current is flowing all the time, and would act as if the phone was off hook?

Phonesrfun

-Bill G