News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Labor Day Weekend Yard Sale Find

Started by Doug Rose, September 07, 2022, 11:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Monday and Tuesday were a complete wash out, yes we can use the rain. I saw two of my three kids and all eight of my grandchildren so it was a great day.

Janet found a a $5 phone. All back AE 40 with a nice cloth cord and a Wonderful dial card.

I forgot how nice a all Black (nee handset bar) looks.  Frequency ringer but she so ring!!

This is a heavy little phone...Doug
Kidphone

Darkstar2006

Wow, what a beauty! when I find a phone I have to ware a hasmat suite and clean it.
Why do people with cell phones use "old phone" as their ring tone?

-Dave S.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Darkstar2006 on September 07, 2022, 06:44:31 PMWow, what a beauty! when I find a phone I have to ware a hasmat suite and clean it.
thanks Dave...Bakelite had a nice sheen to it,  but it needed a cleanup...Doug
Kidphone

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 07, 2022, 11:03:42 AMMonday and Tuesday were a complete wash out, yes we can use the rain. I saw two of my three kids and all eight of my grandchildren so it was a great day.

Janet found a a $5 phone. All back AE 40 with a nice cloth cord and a Wonderful dial card.

I forgot how nice a all Black (nee handset bar) looks.  Frequency ringer but she so ring!!

This is a heavy little phone...Doug
The frequency ringer works?  Great find.

Mike

tubaman

My plain black AE40, the only one I have as they are hard to get in the UK, is one of my favourite phones. A really elegant design in my opinion.

Doug Rose

Quote from: tubaman on September 08, 2022, 02:48:59 AMMy plain black AE40, the only one I have as they are hard to get in the UK, is one of my favourite phones. A really elegant design in my opinion.
Agreed....it is a classic design, with great lines like cars from the 40s and 50s....Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

I had a nice day on Labor Day, walking through the more than 500 dealers at a Northern Michigan flea-market. The pair of wood wall phones I couldn't resist for a mere $50, and I got a SUPER-NICE early 302 (short-ears/small plunger) 1937-throughout for $60. Bought the other stuff for Constance to sell in her antique booth at the local shop.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC