News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Petite 1600w replacement night light switch

Started by Fwbeachbum, August 24, 2022, 12:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fwbeachbum

I have a SC Petite 1600w I have been working on. I have a transformer and the light works off hook but not the night light. I tested the switch and it is bad. If I short the switch with a jumper the night light works. I am thinking of leaving it that way if I can't find a replacement switch.
Since they are riveted to the base plate, a new base plate may be the only other solution.
Are replacements available?
Jeff Lee

RDPipes

I personally, if you haven't already would soak the switch down with contact cleaner.
If it still doesn't work, rivets can be drilled out and replaced really easy. If
nothing else I hope a replacement switch can be found for you.

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: Fwbeachbum on August 24, 2022, 12:49:43 AM...Since they are riveted to the base plate, a new base plate may be the only other solution.
Are replacements available?
Just drill the rivets out and replace them with the right size screws.  I think the only way you will find a replacement is to buy a junk base plate.  The WE Princess's switch is pretty much the same.

Mike

Fwbeachbum

I was thinking I may have to do the same think. That small slider switch is not something available on anything else. It's a shame that wasn't made a replaceable part.
Jeff Lee