"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 122W receiver disassembly

Started by JimNY, September 13, 2022, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNY

Hi All,
I have a WE 122W receiver that came to me in non-working order. I want to attempt a repair.  The leads from the terminal posts to the magnet winding were broken off and taking things completely apart seem the best way to get a good look at the windings. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the magnet assembly out of the shell.
I have tried all the high tech stuff, heating, gentle tapping, bigger hammer, etc but it doesn't budge.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

tom.adams1

I'm assuming you removed the small rod that went into the little hole you see in picture one. The magnets are threaded into the shell, they turn counter clockwise out. If tight take a monkey wrench and fit to top of the metal coils and turn. That should let you turn it out.

JimNY

Thank you for the reply. Yes the 'rod' has been removed.  I have seen the 'threads' in a picture posted here but for some reason thought they were just to aid a friction type fit. No wonder the hammer didn't work... lol

I appreciate the help!

JimNY

clarification.. I observed the threads on the magnet assembly and not inside the shell. Apart, up close it is very obvious!

TelePlay

Quote from: JimNY on September 14, 2022, 07:29:28 AMI observed the threads on the magnet assembly and not inside the shell. Apart, up close it is very obvious!

Can you post close up pictures of the receiver parts for future reference?

JimNY

As requested.  I feel a bit dumb for not being able to figure this one out. However, the receiver is repaired so maybe not as dumb!