News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Norwegian: Elektrisk Bureau 1953 Phones LB and CB

Started by dsk, January 09, 2013, 05:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I would like a place to put e.g Norwegian phones diagrams.
And her I have tried to "translate" a diagram of a 1953 magneto telephone made by the Norwegian: Elektrisk Bureau.

Is the translation OK, if not what did you struggle with, or even dont understand. All hints and tips will be welcome.

dsk

AE_Collector

Yes I hear you dsk. As we work on improving the "wiring diagrams" area it is a balancing act between too many and too few separate manufacturers sub groups. I almost started one more group just last night and it was going to be a somewhat all inclusive group titled something like "GPO & European Telephones Wiring Diagrams". This would narrow things down a little for you.

I am also now wondering if we should be putting references to BSP's here as well.

Thanks for all of your work and help in this area dsk!

Terry

dsk

Great, I guess a common European telephones will be OK.
The Norwegian rotaries are not so many, and the magnetos will have less focus.
I'm not sure if I have the structure, but if all the threads about phones from Norway include e.g.
"modell" and "make" "of Norway" it should be easy to locate.

The BSP are even fewer so it will probably be OK.

dsk

dsk

Here comes the dial (CB) version.
dsk

dsk

More documentation came up today: :)
encl as PDF

dsk

dsk

As a wall telephone:

dsk

A "new " version from the 60'ies. This with an line powered expensive transistorized amplifier.  ;)
dsk

dsk

The magneto generator on these were made to fit in the dial hole:

dsk

The only difference between the ringer on these is the resistance of the coils and these have another position of the gongs.
Mainly the LB had 2800 ohms ringers, and the CB had 2000 ohms.  Still I got one CB with 2 1400 ohms coils in parallel.
Probably a modification.

dsk

The bias spring may ofcourse be bent to the right tension, but we have 3 positions that usually solve the problem of not ringing , or getting a strok wit the hammer when dialing another phone or going on/off hook.  More easy to do that, than trying to change polarity on the phone.  To get better pictures I found an external ringer with the same ringer motor.
This spring is not on LB phones. ;)