News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WANTED: Photos of Kellogg 10G dial icluding rear of dial

Started by RotoTech99, April 25, 2015, 07:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

I am looking for photos of the Kellogg 10G dial showing it assembled, in a "exploded view" showing the major components, and the dial plug/cable wired to it.

I've noticed that for both the 10G and 15G, the dial cable's hookup to the dial itself isn't specified as to what color dial cable lead goes to what terminal on the dial on the schematic for the Redbar set.

I believe it would be useful to have something that would specify the dial cable lead colors and where they should go on certain dials.

unbeldi

Quote from: RotoTech99 on April 25, 2015, 07:21:28 PM

I am looking for photos of the Kellogg 10G dial showing it assembled, in a "exploded view" showing the major components, and the dial plug/cable wired to it.

I've noticed that for both the 10G and 15G, the dial cable's hookup to the dial itself isn't specified as to what color dial cable lead goes to what terminal on the dial on the schematic for the Redbar set.

I believe it would be useful to have something that would specify the dial cable lead colors and where they should go on certain dials.

I think the color coding and function is indicated on the diagrams, see for example in drawing 21258.

RotoTech99

Dear Unibeldi:

Hi, I forgot the dial cable colors are noted on the Redbar schematic.

However, I also noted that it doesn't show where the dial cable leads would go on the 10G dial itself, that's why I asked for photos of the 10G dial.

I have a 15G dial equipped set I can get a photo of how its dial is hooked up.

I'll keep in mind to check my schematics closer before asking next time around...

unbeldi

Here is a combination of the schematic of a No. 10 dial from the 1949 catalog and a picture of it from a Kellogg brochure.  I added the colors of the wires.

The dial is easy to disassemble and the contact assembly comes off as a whole, which makes it easier to examine the contact sequence.

RotoTech99

Thank you, that ought to help. I'm assuming the grey looking wire is the "white dial cable wire" in this case?

unbeldi

Quote from: RotoTech99 on April 27, 2015, 08:40:23 AM
Thank you, that ought to help. I'm assuming the grey looking wire is the "white dial cable wire" in this case?
yes, you're welcome.