News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue 302 from scratch

Started by persido, June 01, 2014, 08:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

I have been working a blue 302 from scratch, I painted a black 302 shell and handset with blue polane paint, (as close to the we blue I could get). I ordered teal blue cords, added the clear plungers and matching dial card.  It's not original but I think it looks somewhat close, I am very happy with the end results.

Scot

Doug Rose

Scot....great job.....sure looks like an original to me! I like the dial card, great finishing touch....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Scot;

Good work. You can't tell. What dial did you use.
Is the Polane paint in a spray can ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

WesternElectricBen

Scot, looks fantastic, as per usual.

I know somebody on this forum wants to do a blue 302, maybe you could tell him about powder coating.

Ben

persido

Thank you very much for the comets guys, the dial is a 6A, I painted the side of the dial white, the polane paint is not in a can it is applied by a spry gun.
Ben what type of shell is the member painting, if it's metal powder coating is the way to go, I have only had the plastic shells painted with polane, to me the finished product looks like  it came out of a Western Electric factory.

Scot

WesternElectricBen

Oh, I forgot, the base he is using will be plastic. Here is the link to his thread: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11990.msg127273#msg127273

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

For my blue 302, I'm using Rust-Oleum "Royal Blue" spray paint that I got from Menards today. I brought a med blue transmitter cap along to compare the colors, and it seems to be a very close match.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford