News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 74: Two AECo 40's - One in Orchid and One in Red

Started by AE40FAN, October 17, 2012, 06:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I put you in at $1571 twocv. I wasn't supposed to convert pounds to dollars was I?!

Terry

Quote from: twocvbloke on October 18, 2012, 12:08:01 PM
Just for the heck of it, I'll use a UK phone number, £1571... ;D

(1571 being voicemail on most UK lines)

DavePEI

Where'd they go! The auction listing is no longer coming up...

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Oh Crap. Hmmmmm....

I did the contact seller through the other auction and asked where they went and if he is resisting them. I will let you know if I get an answer.

Terry

twocvbloke

Quote from: AE_collector on October 18, 2012, 07:10:18 PM
I put you in at $1571 twocv. I wasn't supposed to convert pounds to dollars was I?!

Terry

Well, either or, if it reaches that in US$ then okay, but if it reaches the value of what £1571 gets you in US$ (about $2513), then that'll do too... :D

AE_Collector

A real auction entrepreneur! Okay, I'm going in Canadian $ then.......oh wait a minute, Canadian and US$ are at par....darn....err, I mean Great.....

Terry

Quote from: twocvbloke on October 18, 2012, 09:39:13 PM
Well, either or, if it reaches that in US$ then okay, but if it reaches the value of what £1571 gets you in US$ (about $2513), then that'll do too... :D

AE_Collector

Just checked and it looks like it is back. At 3 days and 23 hours to go. Not sure what happened. Look and see if you can see it again as well.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on October 18, 2012, 10:09:02 PM
Just checked and it looks like it is back. At 3 days and 23 hours to go. Not sure what happened. Look and see if you can see it again as well.

Terry

Still gone here, Terry. Wierd!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

I went to the other auction and chose "other items" and it was there still. I just cut the URL out again and repast end it into the first post of auction 74. Maybe I glitched the address earlier? Try again.

I can get to the auction from my eBay watch list as well. I must have done something to the address when editing to add CRPF guesses.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on October 18, 2012, 10:17:04 PM
I went to the other auction and chose "other items" and it was there still. I just cut the URL out again and repast end it into the first post of auction 74. Maybe I glitched the address earlier? Try again.

Terry
Hi Terry:

Yep, that works! So may the fun and games continue!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

We now return you to the regular scheduled auction.....

Terry

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

I am curious on this. Is it a game of how high it will go or would you really consider spending this if you had it to spend. Huge fading on the orchid. To me, they are warped badly from shrinkage, missing the bands showing more shrinkage in the handsets.

I know there are members here who could sand and buff these to perfect specimens, but warped bodies?

I have a grey Toaster phone that is so warped in the back it would never fit on its base. Its in the back and displays perfectly. It was $20.

Just curious, the other auction is missing a handset or a cap and I am positive that Ray could match them perfectly, I could not. Are they really this valuable to you. Ray could build you a new one for a hell of a lot less and it would look perfect. I know I have a clear 302 that he made.

To me ....these are past the point of no return. Sorry to be a downer, but I just don't get this.

Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

For me this is about guessing what other {insert decriptive} people will pay for an item. I would never dream of paying anywhere near the prices these others shell out, apparently with no concern.
I agree, I would rather have Ray make a brand new one out of better materials for that cost ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

I just see it as a "who's got more money than sense?" game, seeing things that would normally not go for more than a sensible price going into the territory of completely unrealistic bidding, and selling for way over the top estimate of it's true value... :-\

I've seen it on vacuum cleaners too, mostly the Hoover brand (no idea why, they're a terrible brand!!), but, some people must like shiny colours than actually spending wisely... :D