News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Victoria BC Canada Phone Collector Bob Baxter

Started by AE_Collector, April 09, 2018, 01:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I received a phone call this morning that long time Telephone Collector Robert (Bob) Baxter from Victoria British Columbia Canada passed away in the last couple of days. I believe that he was about 74 years old. I will find some pictures and add more information here shortly.

I never did make it to his house to see his collection but am told that it was incredible. Bob didn't have anything on display that wasn't immaculate and he did much of the restoration work himself.

I've sure been losing a lot of my local Phone Collector buddies here lately. It is getting very depressing.

Terry

kleenax

That is indeed sad news.  I knew Bob only from our email chats and phone calls, but the visits were always enjoyable.

He will be missed.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Ktownphoneco

I'm sorry to hear that Terry, and thank you for letting us know.    I've known Rob through telephone calls and e-mails for a number of years.   He was a good source of information and good pictures of hard to find telephones.    I loved his collection of Northern 20-UN's especially.    He will surely be missed.   

Jeff Lamb