News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Russ' large find.

Started by Russ Kirk, February 16, 2019, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

Well, for me it has finally happened. The person that gave be the coin phone and sign gave me the rest of the phones he had in storage.  In all I got 111 phones, many were non dial but there were some gems I'll add to my collection. I spent the afternoon sorting and packing. I will keep about 40 and sell the remaining at a phone show. I don't  think they have been touched for 20 years. I took these photo before packing, please forgive the mess. i had to make room for my wife's car. I will go over them in detail and post additional photos at a later date.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

More photos
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

FABphones

Quote from: Russ Kirk on February 16, 2019, 07:31:24 PM
Well, for me it has finally happened. The person that gave be the coin phone and sign gave me the rest of the phones he had in storage.  In all I got 111 phones...

He gave you them? You got 111 phones as a gift?  .....Faints....

Either way, wow. Lucky you and congrats. Lots of fun to be had admiring some of those.

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Russ Kirk

This was in the lot. The heavy bronze plaque is about 14x15.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

paul-f

Congratulations Russ !!!

Everyone should have that feeling at least once.

Definitely Find of the Month material.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Sargeguy

Nice! What is that wooden box the white French Phone is sitting on?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Payphone installer

Best piece is The ivory fat boy if it is not painted with the ivory center piece.

Payphone installer

Does the explosion phone have the lock in it and do you have the key?

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 16, 2019, 11:44:52 PM
Nice! What is that wooden box the white French Phone is sitting on?

It is sitting on the "battery box" of a two box phone. It has a home made backboard. The battery box also looks homemade. Looks like the best thing is the transmitter arm. Hopefully it will find a new home at thebphone show.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Payphone installer on February 17, 2019, 09:19:13 AM
Does the explosion phone have the lock in it and do you have the key?

Yes and yes!  I was so excited to see it had the key. Near the top of my list to check out.....it is a keeper.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Sargeguy

The battery box in question is a side opening NET&T battery box from a three boxer.  They are made of pine and look like something homemade.  Russ and I came to an agreement and I am now the proud owner of a (second) box.  I have attached a picture of both boxes
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 25, 2019, 09:21:19 PM
The battery box in question is a side opening NET&T battery box from a three boxer.  They are made of pine and look like something homemade.  Russ and I came to an agreement and I am now the proud owner of a (second) box.  I have attached a picture of both boxes

I am just glad to went to someone that will appreciate it and use it.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Sargeguy

Oh I appreciate it-whether I will actually use it depends on me finding a few other pieces to the puzzle!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409