News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Reproduction base pads with adhesion troubles...

Started by RotoTech99, August 05, 2019, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Has any of our forum ever had trouble with reproduction base pads for WE Sculptura or Princess pads not adhering to the bases they were applied to?

One issue along this line I've ran into was the adhesive film that is on the cork pad will come off on the paper backing you remove to apply the pad.

This happened mainly with Princess phones, but also with WE Sculptura sets... I'm guessing humidity and temperatures cause it, but I'm not sure.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions, or possibly a phone base pad "horror story" similar to what I've described, please?

I like the repro base pads, but I'd like them more if they stayed on what they are applied to.

RotoTech99

Jim Stettler

Quote from: RotoTech99 on August 05, 2019, 09:53:43 AM
Dear Forum:

Has any of our forum ever had trouble with reproduction base pads for WE Sculptura or Princess pads not adhering to the bases they were applied to?

One issue along this line I've ran into was the adhesive film that is on the cork pad will come off on the paper backing you remove to apply the pad.

This happened mainly with Princess phones, but also with WE Sculptura sets... I'm guessing humidity and temperatures cause it, but I'm not sure.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions, or possibly a phone base pad "horror story" similar to what I've described, please?

I like the repro base pads, but I'd like them more if they stayed on what they are applied to.

RotoTech99
The NE Contessa's (Northern Electric Princess) had that problem, They got called barefoot Contessas
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Key2871

Try using a hair drier the heat actually makes it easier to remove the backing exposing the adhesive.
KEN

HarrySmith

Another point when using these type of stick on products is to be sure the surface is absolutley clean, dry, free of any old adhesive and any cleaning agent residue. Using a hair dryer to remove the film is a great idea. Heating the pad after application might even help it to bond to the surface. Combined with a properly prepared surface that should yield satisfactory results.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"