News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Greetings from sunny Spain!

Started by dvictor, April 13, 2023, 04:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvictor

It's a bit cloudy today though. Anyway, I found this site when I tried to test and old rotary phone in my landline (voip over optic fiber) and discovered that pulse dialing phones do not usually work with the modem/routers the companies provide over here. I was pretty outraged because there are also decomissioning the last copper lines, still compatible with pulse dialing phones.
Thanks to the forum, I eventually bought a GrandStream HT801 that it's working like a charm with a Netelip voip account. Love how I can combine a 60 yrs old phone with the possiblities of the VOIP. I'm even considering to get a phone number from Tajikistan and share it with the typical companies that love spamming too much  ;D

My current collection just consist in two Citesa Heraldo (desk version), both of them not in their best conditions, and one Citesa Góndola (the shameless copy of the Trimline). All of them proudly collected from the garbage.
I also have a Amper Teide (Model D I think) for my regular landline number. That's the newest version, with tone dialing and buzzer instead of ring bells.

I will try to take some pics and post them in the proper section.

FABphones

Hi and welcome to CRPF, a great place for all things telephone.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your phones, you can start a new thread showing us your growing collection here:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Welcome dvictor!

dvictor

Thanks folks!

Hope I can take some pics of some of them today or tomorrow

HarrySmith

Welcome to the forum. You have found the best forum on the net. Lots of great knowledgeable people who love to help. As already stated we also love pictures! See our topic on posting pictures, it's not difficult but they do have restrictions on size. Also I need to warn you about Phoneitis. Everyone here has it. It is a progressive, incurable disease. As it progresses you will spend more & more time & money on phones & phone stuff. Soon you will need another room or building to display them. If you think that's a joke, Just check out our collections topic ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dvictor

Well that's not what I need right now for sure. I already suffer from a similar disease: Oldcomputeritis: compulsive collection of old videogames, consoles and old home computers (Amstrad, ZX Spectrum... british gents will know what I'm talking about)  ;D

Actually, I'm generally more attracted to objects that were part of my life than general old stuff. For instance, that Gondola phone was the first phone my parents had at home. Also the Teide was the phone at my grandparents home for years and years.

BTW those telephones were not for sale until mid 90s or so, only for rent from Telefónica (still the telecom monopoly in Spain after the liberalization of the market in mid 90s).

HarrySmith

Well the telephones should fit right in with your old computers ;)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MMikeJBenN27

Not phone related, but in years past, there were American-made cars in Spain.  Are there still any today, or is it just Datsuns and Toyotas nowadays?

Mike

dsk

countryman

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on July 14, 2023, 03:57:13 AMDatsuns and Toyotas

Interesting you mention Datsun, I used to think the Nissan group phased out this brand name long ago?

Spain has a domestic brand of cars, SEAT, which long since is part of the Volkswagen group.

MMikeJBenN27

They did, but to me, a rose by any other name is still a rose.

Mike

MMikeJBenN27

I thought SEAT was Spanish-owned, and the car they built, as least in the 70s, was a FIAT built under license.  Learn something new every day.

Mike

dvictor

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on July 14, 2023, 03:57:13 AMNot phone related, but in years past, there were American-made cars in Spain.  Are there still any today, or is it just Datsuns and Toyotas nowadays?

Mike

Nowadays, the only american brand with strong presence in Spain and also Europe is Ford. In fact, there's a pretty big factory in Spain (Almusafes) where they build the Ford Kuga and some industrial vehicles (Ford Transit  and Tourneo Connect).
American imported cars were more popular in the 50s-60s. Some models were also built in Spain under license like the famous Dodge Dart (used as official car of the Franco regime).
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Dart_(Espa%C3%B1a)

Regarding SEAT, you are both right. It was a spanish-owned company building models based on Fiat licenses until the company was privatized and sold to VW group in the 80s.