News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

616 all ext ring

Started by m1898, December 06, 2013, 10:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1898

When I call my house line, all the extensions ring. Is there a way to only let the extension ring and not all? The way it is now, I will have to disconnect the house line while the wife sleeps. I have learned a long time ago not to wake up grouchy, I let her sleep.
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

G-Man

Quote from: m1898 on December 06, 2013, 10:23:50 PM
When I call my house line, all the extensions ring. Is there a way to only let the extension ring and not all? The way it is now, I will have to disconnect the house line while the wife sleeps. I have learned a long time ago not to wake up grouchy, I let her sleep.

Sure, just program which extensions you want to ring or not ring. Another solution may be to program the system for Day/Night ringing and then set when you want it to begin and to end.

twocvbloke

Yep, just program the system to set what extensions ring when which line receives a call, and also set the Day/Night service up to switch off extensions after a certain time at night... :)

m1898

I don't have a program phone. I am using it as basic system. Do you think if I power it down and remove the small battery it will delete the previous programming?
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

twocvbloke

Quote from: m1898 on December 06, 2013, 11:42:58 PM
I don't have a program phone. I am using it as basic system. Do you think if I power it down and remove the small battery it will delete the previous programming?

It would, but then you'd have all extensions ringing on all incoming calls on all lines which is it's default setting, which is not what you want... :D

You need to either borrow or buy the programming phone to set the ringing characteristics, or just unplug the line at night... :D

m1898

That's what I was afaraid of. Thanks.  Jim

G-Man

Quote from: m1898 on December 06, 2013, 11:54:13 PM
That's what I was afaraid of. Thanks.  Jim

There are at least three of the following display telephones that are suitable for programming your system are currently listed on eBay for $49.99 (or best offer) shipping included.

REFURB PANASONIC KX-T7030 PHONES (KX-T7730/KX-T7731) NEW CORDS/PLASTIC/PAPER
There are many others listed as well.