News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

here we go again......

Started by Babybearjs, September 26, 2017, 03:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well.... once again, I've had to disconnect my second line.... picked up the bathroom extension and made a call to a neighbor, was noticing that the line lamp was showing a line on hold.... after the call, I went to another extension and reset the line, only to have it keep winking....  went to the closet I have my equipment in and the cable modem was flashing a line error. unpluged the phone line and plugged it into the Line 1 only jack... reset the KTS and plugged the cord back into the L1, L2 jack only to have L2 cause the modem to go into line error mode... switched it back to L1 only and now am trying to figure out why L2 is have issues.... could it be my 212 KTU?  (it was used when I bought it....) could it be a phone set? The Extension I originated the call from was a modified 354... (wired for 1A1 service) and there is only a 3 pair cable wired into that...(R1, T1, A1, AG, L1, LG) so why would that interfere with line 2? I was noticing that on some phones when I picked up line 1, line 2 would flash for a moment and then go out.  could there be a short in a phone? I have a 444EG wired in reverse....(L2, L1, ICM), could that cause any issues? I also have a 544 outside  on my porch. could that have a short in it from being outside on regular basis? what are your thoughts on this issue. I just rewired my entire scheme to all home run cabling so each jack is direct, not daisy-chained...
John

HarrySmith

I am no expert on this setup but I would recommend taking all the phones off that line and connect one good phone from the other line. If that solves the issue I would then reconnect the phones one at a time to locate the offending instrument.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

Thank you. I'll try that. does anyone know anything about the WE 212 KTU? did these units ever fail? I have a brand new backup unit but am hesitant to use it due to  the lengthy time it take to switch out the unit. currently its with Lines 1,2,and 4.
John