News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Numechron Clocks

Started by Doug Rose, October 02, 2019, 10:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have had them running over a day and there are no issues. The Ivory clock is date April 1953. It makes a little noise but is not unbearable. The brown clock is dated March 54. The Brown clock is basically silent. a low rumble but you have to listen for it. I wanted one, but I now have two. Both cases have no chips cracks or missing pieces and a very clean.

I have a decision to make. I am leaning to the Ivory as it was made just about when I was and the Brown is just after I was born. Kinda cool!...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

brown pics
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Jan found this Sat for $1. It does work but had taken a trip to the floor as on bottom side is missing and two posts to attach to the clock are missing as well as the window over the number. Works great is runs silently. It has a plaque the states Metro Smelting Co. Date is hare to read looks like OCt 51 could be 57.
Kidphone

Argee

I've have the same model brown Numechron.  Took some coaxing to get mine working. 

Doug Rose

I have decided to keep the Metro Smelting Co clock. I love the plaque on the front and the missing part cannot be seen sitting on a shelf. Ran a bit nosy when I plugged it in yesterday, this morning very quiet....love these clocks....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

Clocks like those are long gone around here or I'd have one.  There is one old Revere Westminster mantle clock on Craigslist.  A bit big for my display areas.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke