News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

11 digit AE Dial?

Started by RDPipes, August 21, 2022, 08:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

I recently seen this dial and it took a little while for my brain to kick in and notice that there was something wrong/different about it. It has 11 digits, haven't a clue how or what it be used on. The rest of the dial looks like any other AE dial.

rdelius

Not used on a telephone but for controlling something such as a radio transmitter  poss military.you can use it or convert it to standard

RDPipes

Quote from: rdelius on August 21, 2022, 09:57:54 AMNot used on a telephone but for controlling something such as a radio transmitter  poss military.you can use it or convert it to standard

Yeah, It looks like you could probably convert it maybe just by changing the number plate and the finger wheel to ten digit.
But, if I owned it I think I'd just keep it as a novelty.

RDPipes

paul-f

Another application was a remote controller for a Collins transmitter.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

I have head this for years...Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: paul-f on August 21, 2022, 09:46:01 PMAnother application was a remote controller for a Collins transmitter.

That's some big transmitter Paul at 1170 pounds, LOL!, the picture makes look a lot smaller then that.

paul-f

Quote from: RDPipes on August 22, 2022, 11:27:47 AMThat's some big transmitter Paul at 1170 pounds, LOL!, the picture makes look a lot smaller then that.
The picture was just the remote control unit. Here's the transmitter.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

RDPipes

Quote from: paul-f on August 22, 2022, 10:26:56 PMThe picture was just the remote control unit. Here's the transmitter.

Now that's impressive, thank you again Paul.