News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Re-strike to a D1 with a 634A network

Started by Darkstar2006, August 23, 2022, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkstar2006

Found this at an "antique mall" in Lancaster Pa. last week. The base was re-stamped to D1. It came with a 634A network. It has a 4H dial, E1 hand set. All for $90 out the door. There was also a 500 series cream 2 line with a "line 1 / Line 2 " dial card.
Why do people with cell phones use "old phone" as their ring tone?

-Dave S.

RDPipes

Sweet find sir but, the stamp doesn't look like it was changed in the factory, looks really amateur.
Hey, but, what do I know? LOL!

Darkstar2006

Yeah, don't know myself. All I know is that it had a tag that said that it "use to ring, but now it don't" I took it home, plugged it in got a DT, called my cell success, called home and had to move one of the ringer wires for it to ring. Presto, it worked. I only changed the dial card and cleaned the phone and network. The 155A network mount needs to be painted. I don't plan on any other changes. Well maybe a new handset cord, network cord, line cord.....oh no the rabbit hole!         

-Dave S.

Doug Rose

Beautiful! Great find at a great price. I like the original Avondale card much better, but that is me. Looks like a find of the month. D1 marking could have been done at one of the Repair Centers. Really nice

Welcome to the Forum....Doug
Kidphone

Darkstar2006

Thanks Its the old, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometime. but the truth is that this place has a whole lot of venders and I saw a few phones there. Some interesting and some (554 black for a $100.)
 I like the original dial cards also, but I take them out to display them. What I should do is catalog what phone each of the dial cards had come from. I don't have many, but as some out there have run into I did have a card "hidden under a blank " card.

-Dave S.

oldguy

Amazing find, at a great price, congratulations Dave.
Gary