News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from Polejockyfool

Started by Polejockyfool, October 23, 2023, 09:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polejockyfool

I am 77 years old, retired Air Force Master Sergeant with 21 years of service as a Telephone Installer Repairman. I retired from the Air Force on 1 August 1985 at Vandenberg AFB Calaifornia and went to work on the base for the Air Force as a Defense Contractor and retired from that job on 1 Feberuary 2012 after 27 years. During that time I supported 752 missile launches, provided uplink and downlink of voice and video from the space shuttle when it came over the western united states. Supported thousands of aircraft test flights off the California coast. My wife of 55 years and I had two children, 5 grand children and 18 great grand children. I am in the process of restoring a 1950's era telephone switchboard with 8 double cord positions. It is a Bell System 555 board.
Retired Air Force Msgt, 21 years,Telephone Installer Repairman. Air Force Defense Contractor, 27 years, Senior Systems Engineer.

SUnset2

Welcome to the forum.  I believe there are some other people on the forum with 555 switchboards, so you can share your difficulties.  Do you also collect other types of telephone equipment?

HarrySmith

Welcome to the best forum on the net. Good luck with your switch board. I had one a few years back but it was stolen from where I had it stored. I do have a ton of documents on it. They are stored on my Google drive. I think you can see them here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6eDAxemj1VHZjk2NTgwNWItMGUzNy00YzhhLWI4NGQtNzc3MTU4OGE5MjRh?resourcekey=0-cYR3HUhyAOGJis1qsIhdRg
Let me know if there are any issues getting them.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Welcome to the forum!
I served here in Norway in 82-83. We did use a few US made phone-related stuff, and I have my own SB-22/PT with home-made trunk units, and improwized DTMF-pad :)  + some phones.