News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red Mushroom 500

Started by Kellogg Kitt, September 24, 2022, 08:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogg Kitt

Here are a few pictures of my newly acquired mushroom phone.  It has has not yet gone through my usual deep cleaning process, but it looks pretty good anyway.

I got such a good deal; I paid only $50.00 for it at a local antique store!  I had no idea how valuable these are until I read about them here, about 2 weeks before I saw it.  If I had not seen the posts about mushroom phones, I probably would have walked right past this one.  (I already have plenty of red 500s.)

It did not have a price tag, so I asked the guy at the store how much he wanted for it.  He said $50.00 (which coincidentally is exactly what I had in mind to pay if he had asked me to make an offer).  I would not have paid a huge amount of money for it, but since I was able to get it for such a good price, I went ahead and bought it.

At first, I was not a big fan of mushroom phones, but since I got it to light up, I am starting to like it.  How many more colors do I need to get complete set? lol

Wade

SUnset2

You lucked out.  That was a great deal.  You should post it in Find of the Month.  These were made in all the pre-1957 colors and the post-1957 colors.  It will be very difficult to get all the colors; some are quite rare.

RDPipes

Great find sir, this is the ONLY WE500 I ever really liked.

MMikeJBenN27

Wow!  You sure lucked out!

Mike

Kellogg Kitt

Quote from: SUnset2 on September 24, 2022, 10:36:36 PMYou should post it in Find of the Month. 

Great idea!  I will go ahead and do that.
Wade