News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Important Notice!!! (Dennis is the New Forum Administrator)

Started by Mark Stevens, February 21, 2009, 06:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stevens

Well gang, I don't know how to say this, but I'm handing over the reigns of classicrotaryphones.com to another.  It's no secret that I've been absent from the forum a lot recently, the reason being that I've got entirely too many websites to deal with.  The forum has been, to my thinking, a huge success.  It's because of the forum, and all the great people who make it work, that I wanted to find just the right person to take it over.  I'd appreciate it if you all would welcome Dennis Markham in his role as the new Administrator.  There will be a transition period, and I'll be helping Dennis over the long term, so I'll still be around.  I'll always remain a part of the forum, but this will give me the latitude to concentrate on prior commitments.
Later!
- Mark

bingster

Dennis Markham... The name seems vaguely familiar, somehow... ;D
= DARRIN =

BDM

Understood Mark, and please, drop in from time to time. Dennis...............thinking.......hmmmmmmmm....Dennis who? Bing, any idea???? ???
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

benhutcherson

Mark,

Thank you for taking the initiative to start this place, and for keeping things going for the past few months. I wish you well, and please don't be a stranger around here.

Now, this Dennis guy, it seems like I've heard of him somewhere or another. I'm sure he'll be alright  :)

Sargeguy

You mean Dennis wasn't in charge already?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

BDM

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 21, 2009, 07:14:13 PM

Who's this Dennis guy?????????????????????
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Bill Cahill

Dennis Who??????????:o ??? ??? ???
Mark, please, please don't make yourself rare here. Thanks so much for all you've done. Sorry I wasn't able to get to that project you wanted me to do.
Guys, who's Mark??  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 21, 2009, 07:14:13 PM

Oh man, yer in for a whoopin'!  >:(

Dan/Panther

Mark;
This is really a shock, I understand you have prior commitments, but you need to still drop by and check things out.
Loosing two key players at the same time is really a heartbreaker.
Dennis was an excellent choice, I mean what am I suppose to say :, "the guys a bum?"
Dennis, congratulations I am at your disposal, if you need any help.

A sad day indeed.... :(

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

QuoteLoosing two key players at the same time is really a heartbreaker.

If I say I'm leaving will you guys send me free phones to keep me around? ;)

Sorry to hear this Mark, the solution is simple, just ditch everything else in life and concentrate on old phones!!!
:D

Dan/Panther

McHeath;
Anything you want, I couldn't take another member leaving....
D/P ::)

Bill Cahill

I'm leaving.... :D
Do I get a phone?

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

JimH

Does this Dennis person know anything about phones?

Wow....what a perfect fit.  Congratulations Dennis!!!
Jim H.

Dennis Markham

I was surprised as many of you probably were when Mark contacted me this past week saying that he needed to liquidate some of his work-load.  He asked if I'd be interesting in assuming responsibility for the web site.  Being that I am not a web designer by any stretch of the imagination I thought, and still think that this may be a difficult task.  Mark has assured me he will hold my hand along the way and maybe some day I'll even be able to figure out how to make those nifty Avatars that he has created for us all.

For now I will more than likely just have my hands full with taking care of registrations of new members and making sure things run just like they have.  The fact that things have run smoothly is thanks to all of you that post regularly and responsibly.  There is special appreciation for the moderators that continue to keep an eye on the forum.  It seems like someone is logged in all the time, from different time zones across the Country.

So it's business as usual as far as I'm concerned.  I have my Vintage Rotary Phones blog that I have trouble keeping current with new, fresh postings so this will be a challenge to me.  I hope that each of you continue to participate, just as I will.  Like I said, business as usual.  I'm sure Mark and I will be burning up the e-mail lines between Michigan & Texas as he tries to teach an old dog new tricks.

Thank you all for your comments and please smack me in the side of the head when something needs to be addressed, modified or created.  By the way Mark, feel free to continue to donate telephones for the contests!

Dan/Panther

Yes ! Mark you didn't think you were going to get off that easy did you ?
We can get Matt to find our screen shots you just keep the phones rolling in.

Dennis;
We will be here for you, don't hestaite to ask.
D/P