News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Non Dial Japanese Type 4

Started by mienaichizu, March 27, 2013, 02:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

I know I have posted this before but not the photo of its restored condition. This is a non dial Japanese type 4 with a Kellog handset. I change the handset because I cannot find a replacement to its missing transmitter cap.

mienaichizu

ooops, I am not sure if that handset is a Kellog

rdelius

Handset might be Ericsson telephones Ltd. It would have a ETL monogram if it is.

Russ Kirk

I thought I resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one on the same subject.

Earlier this week, my wife Kathy and I visited a local antique store and she found this telephone. When she saw the phone she picked it up and opened the handset to see if the burgundy color was throughout the phone or just painted.  This phone is not painted. She certainly knows what to look for in antique telephones!

This is the first Japanese phone in my collection.  It was assembled by Iwasaki in August 1957 and is marked as a type 4C. it is in good shape and the only thing wrong is a small chip by the receiver holes. Two photos, one without flash; one with.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Very Nice Russ....I have two, a black and an Ivory. This is wonderful....love the color....real nice phone...Doug
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

Thanks Doug. Is the dial cover positioned correctly? Also, do you have an example of a correct dial card?

Not bad for for only $22.99 ....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Russ.... my Ivory is a manual like yours and  had to add a dial card, my dial phone's card is below.....Doug
Kidphone