"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic 61610 problem

Started by bonzer, June 19, 2013, 04:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonzer

Hi,

I have a problem with my 616 system and I'm wondering if anyone has had this.

I left my system turned off whilst on holiday for a week. When I returned and switched it on, the time was set to the day I left. I changed the time but when I switched back to 'set', although the date had changed, the time remained the same. No matter how many times I tried to set the time, it would not change. In the end I turned the system off again and tried later. This time it worked.

Has anyone else found this?

Owain

rechargeable battery inside is dying?

Doug Rose

Bonzer...Welcome to the Forum. Why do you turn your 616 off. Mine has been running for years.....Good luck...Doug
Kidphone

bonzer

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

I turned it off just to save energy costs whilst away. I think it could have something to do with the backup battery but I just wanted to check to see if others have ever seen this problem.

I've noticed that if I turn the unit back on, the time initially reads the same as it was at the point the unit was turned off. In other words, it seems to need to be on for the time to advance.

TelePlay

I just ordered two of these batteries from Interstate Battery. Paid $13 each plus tax and got free shipping, so, total was $27 plus change. Bad part is it was a special order with a 30 day shipping estimate. Don't need them quickly so no problem.

Local battery store had the 400 mAh Panasonic version for cordless phones but it was too big for the battery square hole and it had the wrong connector. Price was the same but it won't fit.

Anyone else have a better source?

http://tinyurl.com/pk62qrm

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on June 20, 2013, 07:37:07 PMAnyone else have a better source?

Dunno if it's better or not, but I found this on the bay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180689804921

Seems to be a little cheaper too when converted to US$... :)

Doug Rose

Quote from: bonzer on June 20, 2013, 07:12:49 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

I turned it off just to save energy costs whilst away. I think it could have something to do with the backup battery but I just wanted to check to see if others have ever seen this problem.

I've noticed that if I turn the unit back on, the time initially reads the same as it was at the point the unit was turned off. In other words, it seems to need to be on for the time to advance.
I think unplugging the 616 is like unplugging a clock. No scientific data to back it. I leave mine running, but I am independently wealthy  ??? ...again, welcome...Doug
Kidphone