News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BTMC 2712 B

Started by wds, June 23, 2013, 05:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Grabbed this nice 2712 off of the BIN on Ebay.  I identified the model off the BTMC 1936 catalog.  I sent the Seller the usual packing instructions, which they totally ignored.  The Seller didn't even use a box, instead they just wrapped the phone with card board and put a stamp on it.  It's a miracle it arrived in one piece. 
Dave

LarryInMichigan

I think that that is the one which was listed on ebay, marked as sold, and then reappeared a few days later.  I was almost tempted to buy it.  I figured that wds would get it if I didn't.  The seller indicated that he had no idea what it was, but after a bit of searching, I found that i was, in fact, a Belgian BTMC phone.  I am sure glad to hear that it arrived safely despite its shipping ordeal. 

Larry

wds

I didn't notice before, but apparently it was listed 3 times.  I'm trying to get better about watching the BIN's.  I guess this "all in one" phone predates the 302 by a few years. 
Dave

LarryInMichigan

In the listing pictures, the handset looked really faded.  You made it look much better.

Larry

wds

Yes it was.  I hit it with some fine steel wool, and it polished up pretty nice. 
Dave

MagicMo

That sure is one pretty phone. What is the base material made from?
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

wds

According to the catalog, the upper housing is aluminum, the square base is steel. 
Dave

MagicMo

Quote from: wds on June 23, 2013, 09:07:17 PM
According to the catalog, the upper housing is aluminum, the square base is steel. 

Gotcha. Very nice.
;)mo
Practice Kindness :)