News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'm back!

Started by Kenton K, September 19, 2015, 02:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

Hi everybody, I'm back from my summer hiatus. I've actually been in Taiwan over the summer with no internet at the home I was staying at! Horrible!!! And I've been away from all my phones. :(

Being back in California I'm immediately reminded of the drought. In taiwan, we got rain every few days. And the drought is horrible for the wildfire season. I went just came back from Yosemite and the smoke from the fought Fire made it hard to breathe, let alone hike.

I've also heard of the devastating news that the jko telephone museum has burned because of a wildfire. It never occurred to me that such a priceless place could just go. Living so close, it's tragic Ive never seen it. So much history lost. :(

I'm actually heading of to college his weekend, so while I will certainly be busy, I'll try my best to still be involved with the forum.

Thanks all!

Kenton

HarrySmith

Welcome back! No internet, no old phones, you must have suffered terrific withdrawal.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Welcome back Ken....I thought we had lost you....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Good to see your post, Ken.  Welcome home.

WesternElectricBen

Ken, it's great to hear from you again.

Ben

compubit

Glad you're back. I was in Europe for a week and half with minimal internet access and that was bad enough (T-Mobile's global plan is great for no additional cost, except it's a dial-up speeds...).

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

Man, I'm glad to see you back, Ken! I was scared you weren't coming back!!! :o

Worst part is that you have to go to college now! Are you still living at your house, or in a dorm?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

Yeah, I'm in college and living in a dorm. I'm going to uc Davis, which is near Sacramento. Not too far from home, but still a two hour drive from my side of the Bay Area.

It was certainly strange not having internet at your fingertips 24/7. Certainly an experiance.

Christian, will you be headed off to college any time soon?

Kk

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Kenton K on September 22, 2015, 12:23:22 AM
Yeah, I'm in college and living in a dorm. I'm going to uc Davis, which is near Sacramento. Not too far from home, but still a two hour drive from my side of the Bay Area.

It was certainly strange not having internet at your fingertips 24/7. Certainly an experiance.

Christian, will you be headed off to college any time soon?

Kk
I just started Junior year, so I still have another year of high school before college.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford