News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Guy from Texas

Started by RDPipes, April 30, 2022, 06:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Hello, I'm not really new to phones, been playing with them and collecting them since the 90's.
No expert by any stretch of the imagination and a failing memory doesn't help. I'll be 70 next year so that'll give ya an idea where I'm coming from. I'm a retired OTR truck driver of 20 plus years and have always liked the mechanical items of the past such as Telephones, Appliances, etc. Basically anything that plugged into the wall. I have collected and restored most of them at one time or another. Hoping to meet some fine people with the same interests and at the same time refresh my memory of what little I did know about phones. Thank you all!

RDPipes

Thanks guys, LOL! about 3 months here and not one reply or welcome.
Ya all know how to make a fella feel welcome.
But, at least I got two likes, one from a new guy! LOL!

FABphones

I think many of us missed seeing this thread, so a warm belated welcome to CRPF.

Am enjoying reading about your finds, you have some very handsome phones in your collection.

:)

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on August 04, 2022, 01:21:44 AMI think many of us missed seeing this thread, so a warm belated welcome to CRPF.

Am enjoying reading about your finds, you have some very handsome phones in your collection.

:)

I understand CJ, I'm not one to search out the new comers and welcome them on any of the forums I've been on either.
Just want to give ya all a little grief is all. LOL!
Thank you CJ, I know my finds aren't nothing that most of ya all here don't have already or don't want but, I lik'em.
And my main reason here is to converse, learn, and refresh this memory of mine but, I find not many of ya do a lot of conversing. I don't remember that from the last time I was a member here but, I reckon like a lot of forums out there they are dieing off a little and maybe difference of interest has a lot to do with it. I'm not too interested in the technical aspects or why something is a certain way, I'm the guy that just likes it for what it is and doesn't care why it has this or that too much. That and I live out in the sticks and don't even see many people much less talk to any so this is my place to talk to people so I don't go completely nuts, LOL!

oldguy

Like CJ I missed this post. I have enjoy reading & commenting on your other posts. A belated welcome.
Gary

RDPipes

HarrySmith

I did not see that either. I don't understand how I missed it??
Belated welcome ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: RDPipes on August 03, 2022, 06:32:10 PMThanks guys, LOL! about 3 months here and not one reply or welcome.
Ya all know how to make a fella feel welcome.
But, at least I got two likes, one from a new guy! LOL!
Dagnabit! With almost 300 posts in three months I did not see you for a newbie. Tarnation and thunder!.....Welcome to the Forum, good to have another youngin' here..... 8) ....Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 04, 2022, 04:26:24 PMDagnabit! With almost 300 posts in three months I did not see you for a newbie. Tarnation and thunder!.....Welcome to the Forum, good to have another youngin' here..... 8) ....Doug

Thank you Doug but being at the end of my 60's I think young'en is the wrong term now. LOL!

Doug Rose

I think we are both 12 53 my friend...Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 04, 2022, 07:35:10 PMI think we are both 12 53 my friend...Doug

Well then you know we're both at the end of our 60's LOL!

stub

RDPipes,
          Welcome to the Forum . I missed the introduction but did post info for your AE 90. If we can help just let us know . Yeah , 1953 was a great year!!!!!!!!!! stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

RDPipes

Quote from: stub on August 04, 2022, 10:28:29 PMRDPipes,
          Welcome to the Forum . I missed the introduction but did post info for your AE 90. If we can help just let us know . Yeah , 1953 was a great year!!!!!!!!!! stub

Stub, Thank you sir, 53 was a good year but, I don't own a AE 90.
Your thinking of the brand new gentlemen "Darkstar2006". That's okay though, we all make mistakes, I know.
I hold the record, LOL!

MMikeJBenN27

Welcome to the club.

Mike

RDPipes