News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NT Vantage 12 Electronic Key System (2nd generation)

Started by AE_Collector, November 06, 2016, 11:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

A number of years ago I removed this NT Vantage 12 Electronic Key System and it has been living in my garage ever since. I have been cleaning out the garage to see if our new Honda CR-V can live in there rather than endless piles of junk and other treasures. I actually have three Vantage 12 systems. The other two are both 1st generation systems, one of which was my home telephone system for years before being made redundant by a newer Norstar System.

NT came out with the Vantage Electronic Key System likely in the very late 70's. The first I heard of and then saw one was in 1980. Until then all we worked with was 10A2 (AECo) Key Systems so this NT system quickly became known as the "4 Wire key System" which was quite the change from the 50, 100, 200 wire (25, 50 & 100 pair) Key Systems that we were familiar with up until that time.

This system I am calling 2nd Generation because it has some changes from the early systems I saw which I will call a 1st generation for lack of any other way of identifying the differences. The phones are completely different from the original design phones. The KSU looks pretty much the same except they have added two Amphenol connectors to the top of the backplane to easily cable it out to a frame. The 1st generation system had a 66 punch down block built right into the top front of the KSU. I will take some pictures and post a topic on the first generation system as well.

I am also aware of a NT Vantage 48 system and I did see one once yet I can't remember anything about it now. I don't know if it had a larger cabinet or multiple cabinets.

Here are some pictures of the NT Vantage 12 (2nd Generation) Phones and KSU.

Terry

Pourme

A car?....Living in the garage?.....You dream large!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

Oh it's happening! CR-V has been trying to stay dry in the garage for close to two weeks now. I say "trying" because we have certainly had our share of rain of late. We set some sort of 50+ year record for rainfall in October and so far it looks as though November is going to take a run at yet another new record.

Here it is parked in the garage. The pile of stuff beside it has shrunk a little more since I took this picture but it was much worse than that before I started and of course it covered both sides of the garage then. It sure is nice to be able to put things in and out of the car in the garage rather than up on the street. No window scraping if it gets real cold out either!

Terry

Pourme

Impressive, I know how hard it is to reduce that footprint once you have used it for storage. Just in time for winter, for sure!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service