"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Summer vacation report:

Started by dsk, July 10, 2019, 05:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Hello from Norway!

We have a cabin with a well,  3 phase power, and now we have internet and IP telephony.  😊
OK we also have a old-fashioned toilet, but that is no big problem.   
I bought a 4G modem, and put up a network, the Linksys ATA works well, and with a dial-gizmo I may even use an old WE-500 

In this area they had magneto telephones to around 1973 so I just had to hang a model 1918 wall telephone on the wall. It is a "mid station version" from the 1930'ies, so it has a selector to choose if I want to call in the direction of the exchanger, or in the direction of the next telephone(es) on the line. 

The weather is good now, but the wind makes the sea far to cold to take a bath (so far this summer) less tha 15 deg C in the water and between 20-28 deg in the air on the day, may 10-15 during the night.

It is extremely tough weather conditions here so we have used some time to change some windows here, that seems to be something to do every 25 years 😊

I have linked to more pictures here, since we have a limit of 6 pictures.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/XUuWNqcgfEcmK6TF6

Have a nice summer!

Best wishes from Norway.

dsk

Key2871

Enjoy, in the lap of luxury wonderful views.
KEN

RB

Wow! very nice!!! do both of those phones work?

dsk

The magneto telephone is in working conditon, but Not connected to anything for the moment.
The 500 is connected via 4G router linksys ata, and dialgizmo, and rings when people call me at home :-)

dsk

RB

I have a version of that same phone, but the handset hangs from the hook on left side

dsk

Quote from: RB on July 10, 2019, 02:58:31 PM
I have a version of that same phone, but the handset hangs from the hook on left side
Your are probably older than 1918. 

dsk

Now I have moved the 4g (LTE) router to a closet, and the signal is the strongest so far. 4-5 of 5.  Struggled a little with the setup, but now the built in ATA works. I use HUAWEI B53S-22 bought used. 

Key2871

Very good, modern conveniences while roughing it. Good work! Hope you enjoy your Holliday.
KEN