News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mounting Screws

Started by HarrySmith, March 18, 2021, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Can anyone tell me what screws are used to attach a payphone to the mounting board on a booth?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

kleenax

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 18, 2021, 04:13:11 PM
Can anyone tell me what screws are used to attach a payphone to the mounting board on a booth?
Are the screw bosses already in the booth Harry?  I have seen just about ALL types of screws used unless there is a "V" mount in the corner. I probably have the proper screws.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Key2871

The screw that holds the phone to the back board, those are 1/4-20 I believe, it's been years but I think that's the size.
KEN

HarrySmith

Thanks Ray. I do not know, this is not my project. I sold the payphone to a guy who has a booth. Not sure of what he has. I thought the booth mounting boards were the same.
Wrong Again!
I will see it I can get more info and add it here.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Quote from: Key2871 on March 19, 2021, 06:58:10 AM
The screw that holds the phone to the back board, those are 1/4-20 I believe, it's been years but I think that's the size.

Yes, screws to mount phone to backboard. 1/4 X 20 sounds good. Thanks!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

Paystations use a 1/4 28 screw  . You could retap though

Key2871

Thanks, as I said it's been years.. I knew it was 1/4 something, but at that hour of the morning I'm not firing on all 8 cylinders.
KEN

HarrySmith

Thanks guys! I knew I would get it once somebody woke up!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

KEN

kleenax

Quote from: rdelius on March 19, 2021, 11:19:39 AM
Paystations use a 1/4 28 screw  . You could retap though
1/4-28's are easy to come by. They are the same size as what is used to mount the Western Electric lock to the vault door, except those are only 3/8".
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Key2871

In my town ( no I don't own it) I can get all sorts of hardware I even found the set screws for the instruction cards for payphones, set screws for the rotary dials on payphones back boards etc they seen to have a great selection of bulk hardware.
KEN