"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

wooden ringer boxes

Started by decked002, October 14, 2014, 08:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 14, 2014, 10:53:30 AM
All phones up until the 302 required a ringer box or subset. The 302 was the first self contained phone that had condenser, coil and ringer built in. Introduced in 1937. Even some 300 series had a subset, model 307 IIRC.

All "WECo Phones" up until the 302 maybe, but not AE phones! The AE 1 and 1A from 1926 required (what I have usually called) a subset (separate box with bells, induction coil, condensers etc) BUT only 2 years in 1928 the AE 2 was introduced, if not the worlds first, North America's first "self contained" Desk Telephone.

Now, I think it is time to change my Avatar!

Terry

Kenton K

Quote from: AE_Collector on October 15, 2014, 01:32:14 AM
Quote from: HarrySmith on October 14, 2014, 10:53:30 AM
All phones up until the 302 required a ringer box or subset. The 302 was the first self contained phone that had condenser, coil and ringer built in. Introduced in 1937. Even some 300 series had a subset, model 307 IIRC.

All "WECo Phones" maybe, but not AE phones! The AE 1 and 1A from 1926 required (what I have usually called) a subset (separate box with bells, induction coil, condensers etc) BUT only 2 years in 1928 the AE 2 was introduced, if not the worlds first, North America's first "self contained" Desk Telephone.

Now, I think it is time to change my Avatar!

Terry

Wow, I didn't recognize you for a second!

stub

AE Bulletin No. 1015, pg. 12 , 1929, has AE 2 and 12  Monophone as a self-contained desk set telephone.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

OK, Terry, I purposely worded it that way expecting an outburst from you ;D
What took you so long?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

I must have been on a cruise ship somewhat out of internet range!

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on October 15, 2014, 08:18:16 PM
I must have been on a cruise ship somewhat out of internet range!

Terry
Terry,

Have you been on a boat more than at home this past year?

Ben

AE_Collector

I am trying! So far this calendar year we have spent 74 days on cruise ships and likely only have 14 more days onboard in December before the counter resets to zero after December 31. Last year for comparison was only 41 days total.

Retirement s great!

Terry