News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2014 Southern California show phones bought

Started by Russ Kirk, March 25, 2014, 01:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

Just wanted to show everyone the 3 phones I purchased at the 2014 Southern California show this last weekend.  I have not had much time to play with them and see if all the dates match - too much life stuff and work stuff in the way.  Maybe in a couple weeks I will have more time....

First one is an ivory WE 410 AC-3,  1-42 most dates matching.  I have been looking for a good clean set like this for quite some time.  Only a couple of minor barely noticeable crack lines and good crisp ivory color minimal yellowing.  The switch is wired for ringer cutoff.

The second is a black WE 500 U, 12-58 most dates matching.  Again I have been searching for one of these for many years.  I still have to hook up the transformer to get the light working, but everything looks OK.

The third one is a WE 336 J weatherproof magneto phone.  Possibly from the 40's, per seller the receiver is from the 40's,  I should have written down what he said.  Darn memory failing again.....  Found some docs on TCI for a similar phone from the 30's to 40's,  but that one is a 1336 F/H,  mine is just a 336 J.  Curious what you might think, should I repaint this black? This guy is huge and heavy.  Looks like it will be another garage display phone, or maybe outside on the side of the shed.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Adam

Russ!  You must have swept up that 500U the moment the doors opened!  I didn't see that on anyone's table!

Not that I would have been able to afford it... but I would have liked to have seen it in person.

Anyhoo... nice seeing YOU in person!  :-)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

WesternElectricBen

Dennis Markham

The attachments don't work for me.  Anyone else??

Dennis

Dave203

Attachments don't show for me either  :-\
I'll check back again later.

WEBellSystemChristian

Yeah, attachments not working for me either. What did you pay for the 500U?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

I agree, the attachments are no longer working, but they were when I first viewed the post.

Ben

Russ Kirk

I deleted and reloaded the photos.  They are a bit large, but within the posted limits.

Christian,  I did not get the anywhere near your phenomenal price.

I have seen people state XX phone is only worth X price.  I have seen black Mushroom phones sell for $150-400 or more on eBay.  If I spend that kind of money I want to see and touch the phone.   I bundled the mushroom and the ivory set for $450.  I paid $400 for the red 302 at last year's show.  To find an ivory in such good condition I consider myself lucky. As for the 500U,  I have seen them in person before, but NEVER for sale and I don't know when I will have another shot at finding one again in the near future. 

Maybe I spent a bit too much, maybe not, but I did not want to wait many more years until I find another one in person. For me it was a good price for two highly sought after phones that I could open up and see the dates, finish, shrinkage, color and condition.   

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Russ....great phones....the Ivory 410 is sure a beauty....nice haul....Doug
Kidphone