News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF Pesonal Message System is a Little Slow

Started by Ktownphoneco, December 06, 2016, 06:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

FYI :  If your sending a personal message to another forum member, keep this in mind if you don't get a timely response.     Yesterday, Monday Dec. 5th.,  at 4:25 PM, another forum member sent me a personal message.     I received it at 6:16 PM today, Tuesday Dec. 6th.    I've been receiving email messages all day from my ISP, so I'm quite sure my service provider isn't the culprit.
I'd better clarify this a bit.    I include my personal email address on my CRPF profile page, and anytime anyone sends me a personal message, I "usually" get a notification email forwarded to my personal email address, letting me know I have received a personal message sitting in my personal message mail box on the forum.     The message sent to my personal email address, also includes the actual message.     The notification email to my personal email address, is the one that didn't arrive until almost 26 hours later. 

Jeff Lamb

Ktownphoneco

I've now received 2 messages from forum members as a test of the CRPF personal message system, and it seems to be working fine now.     Both message notifications to my personal email address arrived within a minute or two of the time they were originally posted.   
Yesterday's problem may have been due to maintenance issues on the message side of the server that hosts the forum.       The "RED ALERT" is now rescinded !

Jeff