Started by 19and41, April 04, 2015, 06:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Hope it warms enough soon for the ladybugs to do the biting for old jack.   ;D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

Yes, thank goodness spring is here!

As i have been saying, it has a ways to go on P.E.I. Just for fun, I took this photo of the museum this morning. While the booth is now out of its snowbank, it will be a while before I get into the building to begin my spring work :-) Average level of snow between the two buildings is 5 feet! Of course, the drifts go far above that. Now, you see why we have no spring flowers yet!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

19and41

It does look like it will be a while before all that melts.  I was working outside yesterday and it was 79F.  The fire ants are going through their spring building spree too.  I had to put out their favorite food for them and they will subside soon.
— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

Here's our back yard today. It's raining, but you can see that the grass is growing and getting greener!

Ugh, you can also see things our dogs have brought outside over winter!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

Here are some more blooms from the old tree out back of where I work...
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

The spring has a real chance here too:

dsk

19and41

Looks like things are thawing out nicely!  Our weather here has turned wet and dreary for the last few weeks.  Some folks' trees in their yards are falling over from the soil becoming saturated.  We need some of that sun you are having.
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

I thought some of you, especially those of you living in warmer climes, would get a kick out of seeing the current state of melt at the museum. You can compare it to the photo posted below taken on April 09th. It is warming up, but we still have a lot of snow left! It is supposed to rain for the next couple of days, and that should help out spring a bit!

I can't get over to the museum yet, but hope to by May 1st to begin my spring clean-up and the tons of work I have to do there. Alas, because of my heart and other problems, I am not allowed to shovel snow, so I guess I will have to allow nature to do its work until I can get in safely. It has been quite a winter in the Maritimes!
C*NET 1-651-0001

dsk

Had some days with nice weather. On the opposite side of the wally they still skies downhill.  A little trip in the forest today and we have seen this:
dsk

19and41

The rushing streams are always beautiful!  Dave, I hope the snow cooperates with your opening date!
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Yesterday, about 18 or 20 degrees celsius, this coming weekend, snow is forecast............ :o

dsk

Another great day, waiting for the bus home:
dsk

19and41

Nice picture!  We've gotten the sun to get back to work down here. Speaking of buses, Here is the organization I work for, doing a wide variety of electronic work.  http://itsmarta.com/
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

Yay! The ice in the bay is starting to break up! Still lots of snow. They postponed the opening of lobster season till at least April 30 because there is too much ice in the waters surrounding PEI.
C*NET 1-651-0001

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke