News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Re: Find of the Month - November 2014

Started by AE_Collector, October 31, 2014, 01:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - November 2014   **** VOTE FOR TWO ****

Fabius' White Ericsson Model 1951 in an ebaY "Make an Offer" -  less than $135 plus shipping
2 (7.4%)
Dsk's new "Hagenuk tabletop payphone" from 1970 for $59 US on a Norwegian auction site
2 (7.4%)
Doug Rose's Manual AE35 MonoPhone that he "stole" for $35.99 & $6.78 shipping BIN on ebaY
7 (25.9%)
Dennis Markham's Etsy find (with Larry's help) - an Oxidized Silver 302 for $175 & $15 shipping
4 (14.8%)
KWilder's Aqua Blue 500U Mushroom Lamp Phone for free in the trash can at work!!!!
18 (66.7%)
AE40Fan's 1955 Soft Plastic Yellow 500 with grey cords for a BIN $43.00 including shipping!
10 (37%)
Andre_janew's WECo Manual 500C on ebaY for 99 cents & $17.90 shipping
2 (7.4%)
Sargeguy's SNET/SO CAL flange sign $235 BIN on eBay +$14.50 s&h
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Doug Rose

if you can't see the chart, you didn't vote....Kidsmart
Kidphone

AE_Collector

I didn't know that....so the chart is visible so you can see the options but once the poll is over it is gone unless you placed a vote? I lock the poll to prevent more votes from coming in after the fact and possibly changing the winner. I assumed that everyone could see the results after voting has finished.

I select the "Only show results to someone who has voted" option to encourage everyone to vote their favourite rather than going along with the favourite of everyone else who has already voted. I didn't realize that anyone who didn't vote could not see how the voting went afterwards.

I just changed that option so let me know Harry (or anyone who didn't vote) if you can now see the results. If you can, in the future when I lock the poll I will change the setting o everyone can see the results.

Terry

HarrySmith

Yup, that did it! I can see it now. Don't know how I missed voting on that one, well....see previous post, that might explain how ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 04, 2014, 06:47:36 PM
Good Question!!

Did I??

We don't know. Only way to tell is to be logged into the forum and open in the November FOTM page. If you voted, the text of the phones you votes for will be in bold black. The rest will be in normal black. You may not have voted and as such, the poll being locked is not available for you to see. I will change the parameters to everyone can see it and let me know if you can see the voting results. If you can, then you may not have voted.

I just ended the poll so maybe that will work. Ending the poll is a bit different than locking the poll. If the poll is locked, it is still in existence until it ends but you can't vote. With what Terry did and I did, maybe you can see the results.

EDIT - two of us working on the issue at the same time means the problem is solved twice as fast . . .  8)

Slal

Don't know if helps or not, but when *not* logged in could still see percent & results.

That's because it's closed?

Also confusing: 27 members (with two votes each)  =  54

But the sum is only 50 (check my math.)

So four members only voted for one phone each?

Just curious.  Math folks like everything neat and tidy... ; )

thx

--Bruce

TelePlay

Quote from: Slal on December 05, 2014, 05:56:51 PM
Don't know if helps or not, but when *not* logged in could still see percent & results.

That's because it's closed?

Terry and I did some post poll manipulating so that HarrySmith could see the results. He didn't vote so couldn't see the final result. By changing the poll parameters to let everyone see it after the poll ended lets anyone see the results as you did when not logged in.

Quote from: Slal on December 05, 2014, 05:56:51 PM
Also confusing: 27 members (with two votes each)  =  54

But the sum is only 50 (check my math.)

So four members only voted for one phone each?

Just curious.  Math folks like everything neat and tidy... ; )

I updated the FOTM stats a bit ago and everything you wanted to know about the stats for all of the 47 polls from the beginning of the FOTM through September 2014 is at this link:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5699.msg68912#msg68912

The 3rd stats paragraph down from the top shows voting patterns:

2,072 -- Total possible number of votes that could have been cast
       1,829 -- Total number of votes actually cast (some members did not vote all possible votes in a month)
    88.27% -- Percentage of total possible votes cast

Yes, some members do not use all of there votes in any given month offering multiple votes. But 92.59% of possible votes cast for November 2014 is way above the FOTM average 88.27%.

KWilder

Thanks to everyone who voted for my Trash Treasure. I am sorry was gone for abit a lot of work and Holiday events going on. Anyways thanks so much for the great input and info on the Aqua 500U. I love this phone. I have been on the look out for more antique sets just not in the position to buy any at this time. I do have plans to add to my collection I guess you can say the bug has bitten me.

Thanks again to everyone

Keith

dsk

Keith
It is a treasure saved from ?-?-?
Since we don't have rules for why we should vote this was important for me. My phone was just a rare one, but would not have been thrown away.  You got one of my votes to   ;) .

dsk