News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - June 2015

Started by AE_Collector, June 01, 2015, 06:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - June 2015.  *** VOTE FOR 2 ***

Russ Kirk's Western Electric date matching 1938 metal 302 for $125 at the SoCal phone show
4 (13.8%)
Fabius' Western Electric date matching 1952 H5 mount 306 with the original electron tube for $31 plus $12.65 shipping on eBay
2 (6.9%)
wds' Northern Electric Burled Walnut No. 1  for $117 total (including shipping) on eBay
6 (20.7%)
WEBellSystemChristian's Western Electric date matching 1957 light gray 500 for $60 BIN plus $15 shipping on eBay
6 (20.7%)
compubit's Western Electric 1960s gray 554 for $2.99 plus $19.50 shipping on rBay
2 (6.9%)
WesternElectricBen's Kellogg Master phone with a subset for about $7 at the Lancaster show auction
9 (31%)
AdamAnt316's Western Electric 1953 ivory 305 from a friend for free
17 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on June 30, 2015, 06:34:07 PM

Isn't the price that was paid by the buyer the sum total of purchase price plus shipping But what if the seller paid the shipping, as in free shipping. Or the seller paid part of the shipping asking the buyer to pay a minimal amount less that actual shipping. No free lunch for delivery. It's separate from the purchase price and as such, as I said above, should be stated separately to let voters decide if it is important or not for a specific phone nominee. Also, free shipping by the seller ends up reducing the purchase price by some amount making the purchase price even better and if shipping, in this case free, is not stated, that would negatively affect the value of the phone in the eyes of the voters. Again, IMHO subject to rebuttal.
Well, as I have said before, it you count shipping in the equation, it discriminates against anyone living in Canada, since we pay higher shipping costs than anywhere in the US. Even items from the US cost far more to Canada. We just have to accept that as part of life up here, but it shouldn't count against us when we put on a "Find of the Month". But, it does, if shipping cost is part of the equation.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

dsk

Maybe that is why I never come up with mine here. Shipping to Norway might be from $50 and up.  USPS large flat rate box, shipping item with value $1 starts at $86.25!  So if you give me a phone for free....

On the other hand it is no clear rules how to score in this contest.

dsk

TelePlay

Okay, time to vote or the June 2015 Find of the Month. There are 7 entries to chose from so vote or your top two favorites and lets see who wins the bragging rights for this month. Quite a varied and interesting group on nominations to choose from.

for the "Hey, I'm busy this summer mountain man" Terry . . .

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on July 02, 2015, 07:32:23 PM
Okay, time to vote or the June 2015 Find of the Month. There are 7 entries to chose from so vote or your top two favorites and lets see who wins the bragging rights for this month. Quite a varied and interesting group on nominations to choose from.

for the "Hey, I'm busy this summer mountain man" Terry . . .
Its only allowing you to vote for one, John! I have edited it to allow two votes.... Votes per person was set to 1.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

TelePlay

Okay, the June 2015 Find of the Month is a wrap.

AdamAnt316's 1953 Western Electric Ivory 305, the last nomination for the month, took the lead early and while having to face a last day challenge from WesternElectricBen's Kellogg Master Phone, held on to the lead and in the end won with a decissive vote count.

Congratulations to everyone on your nominated finds in June and thanks to everyone who took the time to cast votes in this contest.

. . .  for Terry