and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Seattle Regional Phone Show Reminder

Started by Phonesrfun, June 08, 2009, 11:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Come one, come all!

When:  Saturday, June 27th 8:00am to 1:00pm
Where: Bellevue School District Offices, 12111 NE 1st St, Bellevue, WA 98005 - (Bellevue is a suburb of Seattle)
Check out Google Maps or Mapquest for directions
Price:  Tables $10.00 per table in advance; General Admission - $2.00 per person at the door.
Contact:  Bill Geurts (That's me) billgeurts@gmail.com  or phone me -  Home (509) 524-8209, Cell (206) 931-1951.

Bring something for the silent auction to benefit the clubs, and/ or bring something of educational value to share the knowledge for the good of the hobby.

The Seattle Communications Museum is going to be available for us after the show for tours, and believe me, it is great!

Thanks,

Bill Geurts
-Bill G

Greg G.

I have the day off, I plan to be there.  I'll bring my NEC for the show and tell part. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Briny:

I look forward to seeing you there and anyone else in the Oregon, Washington, BC area or even beyond.

I also placed an ad in the Seattle Craigs List at:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/clt/1231979047.html ( dead link 03-02-21 )

-Bill
-Bill G

Greg G.

Made it down to the NW Phone Show today.  Many thanks to Bill Guerts (Phonesrfun) and Chuck from Portland (I don't think he's on this forum) who gave my NEC their best shot, but couldn't figure out why it doesn't ring.  It's not the ringer coil, they rigged it with a capacitor and gave it a jolt, it rang then, but still won't ring in "normal" mode.  Something to do with the way the Japanese have the whole thing set up, it's different.

Anyway, after we gave up farting around with that thing, I put it back on display and wandered around for a couple hours.  I picked up a dial and subset for my WE D-Type and got to meet a few other folk.

Thanks Bill for putting this on!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Yes, we had a great  time.  It was great meeting you and a lot of other collectors from the region.  I can do some more research and see what I can find out about ringing the NEC.  The schematic that is pasted in the phone body is so small and the lightting was just not op to snuff for tracing little itsy-bitsy drawings.

I will keep in touch.  I am just now getting back into the car in a few minutes to head back to Walla Walla.

Cheers,

-Bill
-Bill G

McHeath

It'd be fun to go to a phone show, but alas I don't think that one is on the radar screen for my neck of the woods.  There is one in San Jose Calif later this year that I may drive over for.