News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Great deal in Albany (Oregon) for a pristine Galion!

Started by Greg G., October 30, 2013, 01:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Too far for me, even if I used Mom's place in Vancouver (Washington) as a jumping off point, otherwise I would snatch it up.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/clt/4149810945.html ( dead link 03-03-21 )

QuoteVintage 1955 North Electric Rotary Dial Phone "Patent USA" - $29 (Scio)

1955 North Electric "Patented USA"

Rotary Dial Phone

Made in Galion, Ohio

Please take a look at this nice phone with its long sloping sides, the unique handset shape with canted ears, the exquisite vents in the back. Putting this delicate phone into a package it creates a work of art. The phone has Patented USA stamped into it on the back side.

In the earlier years models were made of metal housings but this is of a HEAVY BAKELITE. The bottom is metal.

I am unable to test it, but over-all the phone is in very nice condition. The plastic cover up located in the center of the finger wheel is missing. A very easy find for replacing.

If you are interested, please call 503-394-4040. I will meet you in Albany for pick-up.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Sargeguy

Topic title revised on behalf of our upstate NY members!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AE_Collector

Topic text revised on behalf of Vancouver Canada Members! I added "Washington" after Vancouver.

Briny's Mom's "Vancouver" is SW Washington where as the likely more well known Vancouver is SW British Columbia Canada. It isn't that far though, a bit under 300 miles.

Now who's going for a drive to Albany (near Vancouver) for the Galion (from Ohio)?

Terry

Weco355aman

Phone is now taken.
This is the second phone that i've got that was only 14 miles from me.
No shipping.
Phil

Greg G.

Quote from: Weco355aman on October 30, 2013, 01:07:29 PM
Phone is now taken.
This is the second phone that i've got that was only 14 miles from me.
No shipping.

Glad somebody here was able to get it!  I drove to the Eugene area one time for some phones, but that was an entire collection.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_Collector on October 30, 2013, 11:08:06 AM
Topic text revised on behalf of Vancouver Canada Members! I added "Washington" after Vancouver.

Briny's Mom's "Vancouver" is SW Washington where as the likely more well known Vancouver is SW British Columbia Canada. It isn't that far though, a bit under 300 miles.

Now who's going for a drive to Albany (near Vancouver) for the Galion (from Ohio)?

Terry

Just across the river (Columbia) from Portland (Oregon, not Maine).
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Good thing I know the difference between the Vancouver's, Albany's, Portland's, Salem's and others.  There is another Walla Walla, and I think it is in Australia.

-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on October 31, 2013, 12:34:25 AM
Good thing I know the difference between the Vancouver's, Albany's, Portland's, Salem's and others.  There is another Walla Walla, and I think it is in Australia.

I was hoping it was in the state of Western Australia, then it would be Walla Walla, WA, but it's in New South Wales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walla_Walla,_New_South_Wales
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on October 31, 2013, 12:34:25 AM
There is another Walla Walla, and I think it is in Australia.

Shouldn't have to worry about making a wrong turn and landing there on the way home.

Terry