News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WANTED - SC 1211 Spit cup collar

Started by oldguy, February 22, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

So I bought this SC 1211 on ebay & when it came the collar that holds the spit cup onto the handset was in multiple pieces. Before I contact the seller, I was wondering if anybody has one for sale, so I can have a price for the seller. So I can try to recover some of my money. The handset cord is trash but the rest of the phone seems ok. Any help wpould be greatly appreciated.

Gary
Gary

HarrySmith

I may have a handset like that, I will have to check my stash. You are lucky the phone body survived intact, those are quite fragile! If I have the right one, I can let it go for $20.00 shipped.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Haf

looks like someone had a restless hand with a srewdriver ;)
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

LarryInMichigan

Those rings are very fragile.  If the handset wasn't secured and padded properly in the box, that ring would likely break in shipment.  I recently saw that someone was selling reproduction replacements, but I do not recall the details.

BTW, the SC 1211 is possibly my favorite phone.  The styling screams art deco.  I have had one on my kitchen wall for several years.

Larry

paul-f

The ring's plastic material tended to shrink, often causing them to split even without a drop or shipping damage.

Years ago, I bought several spare rings that had been in a drawer for years. They had shrunk so much that there was no way they would fit on a handset without breaking.

Be very careful if you buy replacement parts, whether used, new old stock or new repros.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

LarryInMichigan

Unless you are planning to return the phone for a refund, if all of the sections of the broken ring are present, I would glue them back together with cyanoacrylate super glue and use the repaired ring until a suitable replacement becomes available. 

Your phone has a SL ringer, so you are doing well on that front.

Larry

Payphone installer

Some of the rings were Bakelite,yours looks like Bakelite I would very carefully glue all the pieces back together on the handset if you can. These rings always break,always. If you can make it look good with superglue go for it.

oldguy

Thanks Harry, I'll wait to hear from you. Thanks for the ideas guys.
Gary

rdelius

I thought that Kleenex had reproduced them, A substut would be a metal ring off of a linemans metal handset.

poplar1

I think Mark Trutelaar manufactures and sells these. Oldphoneshop on eBay.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

oldguy

I just ordered 1 from Oldphoneshop. I'm still interested in your handset Harry.
Gary

HarrySmith

Ok, I will take a look over the weekend. I will let you know Sunday or Monday,
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

oldguy

Gary

HarrySmith

I do not have the handset you need, I have the newer type. Sorry.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

oldguy

Thanks Harry, I got the collar from OPW.
Gary