L1 is actually wht/gray

L2 - blu/brn

C -org/wht

R-red/blu
B grey/wht
GN - wht/blu

F  wht/grn

RR grn/grey

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Phonesrfun

I am hoping to produce a diagram of your phone by the time we are done.

Stand by for a couple more questions.  I need  a few minutes to digest this.

Did you see the candy dish phone someone posted a link to on e-bay?

Your patients would probably like that......well.... stock it with sugarless   
-Bill G

Dan

yes look @ my response, we are channeling each other!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Phonesrfun

OK, back to the phone. 

The wire in the photo of the hookswitch appears to be Blu/Yellow.  Is this correct, or is the color deceiving?  I cannot see where a blue/yellow comes out in the bottom anywhere.  So, can you confirm, and also can you tell me where the two hookswitch wires connect to the 6-position terminal block?  The photo of that block that I am using as a reference is the one below  For now, lets say that the terminal that has the red/blue on the left is terminal 1 and the one that has the orange/white is terminal 6.

-Bill G

Dan

it is green yellow, actually. it comes down the shaft and connects to the DIAL (look at the dial pic post #26)

hook switch two will follow next (have to look @ the pic)

Dan

second hook switch goes to the block @ terminal three

Phonesrfun

Ok, next question.  on terminal strip #5 there is the blue/red that goes to L2.  Hooked to that terminal is a yellow/brown.  Is this the same yellow brown that goes to the dial?  Probably is, but confirm.  Then there is a brown/yellow going to the dial.  I cannot tell where that connects at the strip.

-Bill G

Dan

the yellow brown @ position 5 is going up to the leaf switch that controls the hook switch .the yellow brown from the dial goes to position one on the strip

Phonesrfun

Actually, it would make more sense if the two brown dial wires were hooked to terminals 1 and 4.  This is probably more correct.

-Bill G

Dan

so position five  yellow brown should be moved to position 4?

Phonesrfun

No, I was just getting the similar colors mixed up. 

Now, what looks like a brown/yellow on terminal 6, where does it go?  Also to the hookswitch?

-Bill G

Dan

to the dial , bottom right side as in reply #26

Phonesrfun

OK, time for some back tracking, and I am sorry if I have mis-noted something, but we will get through this.   :)

At present, it does not make sense to me for a connection to the dial to terminal number 6, but I am not ready to start moving things around just yet, because I need to fully understand the connections, so lets continue with the questions.

On terminal strip position 1, there is a fabric wire going to the receiver, and I believe a red/brown going to the transmitter, and of course the red/blue going to R on the network.  There seems to be another wire, yellow, brown, I believe,  Where does this go?

Second, regarding the hookswitch you confirmed earlier that there were only two wires going to it; a yellow that goes to terminal 3 and a green/yellow that goes to the dial.  Then in post #37 you said "the yellow brown @ position 5 is going up to the leaf switch that controls the hook switch"

Sorry if you have already clarified this and I missed it.
-Bill G

Dan

yellow  brown terminal one  wire goes to the dial left side bottom screw

yes i clarified it post #37 is th ecorrect one

Phonesrfun

OK, believe it or not, we are getting somewhere.   We are getting to the end of this whole thing.

So the hook switch does have two sections.  The first has the yellow and the green/yellow.  The second has the yellow/brown that we just discussed.  Does that second section have another wire, and what color is it, and where does it go?

-Bill G