"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

78% font bug?

Started by Greg G., February 28, 2015, 02:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Quote from: DavePEI on February 28, 2015, 08:13:14 PM
Ok, that sounds like that may be it. Good find, Cliff! I had never thought of it perhaps being a browser based problem, since I use Firefox and therefore don't get it!

Are you guys using another browser aside from Firefox and IE?

Dave

I use Chrome.  I turned off the WYSIWYG editor, so far the double spacing that ALWAYS appeared seems to have been resolved, time will tell on the 78% font bug.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

Looks as though we should all thank Cliff for his research! That was a great find! Time will tell if it is completely resolved for you, but it sounds as though it will be!

Dave

Quote from: Brinybay on February 28, 2015, 08:18:08 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on February 28, 2015, 08:13:14 PM
Ok, that sounds like that may be it. Good find, Cliff! I had never thought of it perhaps being a browser based problem, since I use Firefox and therefore don't get it!

Are you guys using another browser aside from Firefox and IE?

Dave

I use Chrome.  I turned of the WYSIWYG editor, so far the double spacing that ALWAYS appeared seems to have been resolved, time will tell on the 78% font bug.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

Update.  I discovered that by turning off the WYSIWYG editor, you can't embed a link in text, you have to use the entire naked link in the post, or use an outside source to abbreviate it, such as TinyURL.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

NorthernElectric

Quote from: Brinybay on March 02, 2015, 01:58:22 PM
Update.  I discovered that by turning off the WYSIWYG editor, you can't embed a link in text, you have to use the entire naked link in the post, or use an outside source to abbreviate it, such as TinyURL.

If I am interpreting your meaning correctly, it's not correct.  Constructing your link tags thusly...

[url=http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13810.0]this thread[/url]

...results in this:

this thread

Notice that the actual url is now inside the square brackets of the opening tag delimited from the url keyword by the equal sign.  You put your alternate text in between the opening and closing tag.  It's a bit more work, but I've never had any mess anything up.
Cliff

Greg G.

Quote from: NorthernElectric on March 02, 2015, 02:30:43 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on March 02, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

If I am interpreting your meaning correctly, it's not correct.  Constructing your link tags thusly...

[url=http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13810.0]this thread[/url]

...results in this:

this thread

Notice that the actual url is now inside the square brackets of the opening tag delimited from the url keyword by the equal sign.  You put your alternate text in between the opening and closing tag.  It's a bit more work, but I've never had any mess anything up.

Yes, but what I meant was the WYSIWYG would let you just highlight the text then click on the Insert Hyperlink button for the url and it would do that for you.
- Mike Row
e