"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic KX-T61610 Arrived!

Started by DavePEI, March 01, 2012, 10:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Hi All:

My Panasonic KX-T61610 arrived this morning along with its accompanying KT-T7030 phone.

After unpacking, I set it up, and tried turning it on. The line cord on the KT-7030 was bad, so I dug around for another 4 line powered cord.... I placed it on line 11 for programming. The handset cord also was bad, and the clear plastic overlay for the upper card was missing. Anyone have one of those? The card itself is there...

Anyway, once I did this, it booted up with the date showing on the screen and then I could dial in out of a POTS phone on line 12.

So, all seems to be in order with the exception of the plastic overlay for the phone itself.

The KSU itself seems to be in excellent condition, both operationally and appearance-wise. It has no yellowing, and is clean, and I have (Not yet, at least) found any operational problems. I have waited a long time for one of these, so am glad I took the step to purchase one.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Owain

Photocopy the card, or scan it into the computer and overtype it with your legends, print it out, laminate it, and cut out the buttonholes with a fine scalpel.

DavePEI

Quote from: Owain on March 01, 2012, 10:28:24 AM
Photocopy the card, or scan it into the computer and overtype it with your legends, print it out, laminate it, and cut out the buttonholes with a fine scalpel.
Normally, that is what I would do, but there is nothing to hold it into the phone. Even if protected with lamination, the card will fall right off if the phone is moved. There is supposed to be a keyed plastic overlay on it which fits into slots on the phone to keep it in place.
Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Phonesrfun

Even though they were a proprietary phone, there must have been a zillion of them made.  Some phone contracting company somewhere must have a pile of broken ones sitting in a warehouse.

-Bill G

G-Man

Hi Dave-

Please check the model number of the telephone. It should be a number such as KX-T7030.

The cards and plastic overlays are available for most Panasonic key telephones.

DavePEI

Quote from: G-Man on March 01, 2012, 02:21:21 PM
Please check the model number of the telephone. It should be a number such as KX-T7030.

Sorry.. Typo

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Quote from: G-Man on March 01, 2012, 02:27:56 PM
Here are plastic overlays for the more common Pansonic keyphones:

http://labels.desi.com/category-exec/category_id/89/nm/Panasonic_KX_T/page_num/1
Thanks, I found them about 1/2 hour ago on Google...I still can't find the plastic programming overlay mentioned in the manual, but sure I will eventually.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Hi All:

Been playing with my KSU, and wondering if one of you who own one might be able to tell me a quick way to set up toll restrictions.

Looking at the manual, it looks to be pretty difficult - perhaps I am not seeing the full picture.

Where it is gong to be located in the museum is in what I like to call the 'playroom" - a room set up with active phones parents and kids alike can play with calling one another, and even accessing an outside line for local calls (in this case by prefixing the number by [9]. There will also be two payphones converted for POTS lines which they will be able to use for outgoing calls or calls to other phones in the room.

There are also active phones in the main areas of the museum, but most often I am with the visitors there, so abuse of calling privileges aren't a problem.

I would like to be able to block all outgoing toll calls through the KSU (i.e. all prefixed by 1)

Prior to now, this wasn't a problem as I didn't have the option of providing an outside line there with the Teltone TLS 3 and 5 line simulators I have there currently, but would like to at least consider allowing local calls.

Anyone have any ideas how to SIMPLY set up call restrictions? In going through the manual, I can't see a way to ban all calls prefixed by 1.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Owain

Assign extensions to Service Class

Service Class 3 is "local and selected toll", service class 4 is "local only"

page 3-19 onwards in manual

1. Dial 11 - Toll restriction will be displayed
2. Press NEXT - Enter Ext No will be displayed
3. Press NEXT - 11: Class 1 will be displayed and 1 will blink (this is for extn 11)
4. Press SELECT until desired class is displayed
5. Press MEMORY

Repeat steps 3-5 for other extensions.

Press END to return to initial program mode.

To set all extensions in one go press
11 NEXT * SELECT class MEMORY END

To set up to 10 area codes permitted for Class 3 dialling

1. Dial 12 - Class 3 area code
2. Press NEXT - Enter code no
3. dial 00 to 09 or NEXT
 - LCD will show 00:not stored or 00:555 if a code is stored
4. DIal area code with 3 digits
5. Press MEMORY
6. To advance to next memory location press NEXT
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the other memory locations 00 to 09
8. To return to initial program mode press END

You may also need to do programming to 13: with or without 1 prefix for toll calls, and 14: allow dial 0 for operator or not.

To ban all operator calls

14 NEXT * SELECT enable or disable MEMORY END

DavePEI

Quote from: DavePEI on March 02, 2012, 05:35:03 AM
Hi All:

Been playing with my KSU, and wondering if one of you who own one might be able to tell me a quick way to set up toll restrictions.

Looking at the manual, it looks to be pretty difficult - perhaps I am not seeing the full picture.

Where it is gong to be located in the museum is in what I like to call the 'playroom" - a room set up with active phones parents and kids alike can play with calling one another, and even accessing an outside line for local calls (in this case by prefixing the number by [9]. There will also be two payphones converted for POTS lines which they will be able to use for outgoing calls or calls to other phones in the room.

There are also active phones in the main areas of the museum, but most often I am with the visitors there, so abuse of calling privileges aren't a problem.

I would like to be able to block all outgoing toll calls through the KSU (i.e. all prefixed by 1)

Prior to now, this wasn't a problem as I didn't have the option of providing an outside line there with the Teltone TLS 3 and 5 line simulators I have there currently, but would like to at least consider allowing local calls.

Anyone have any ideas how to SIMPLY set up call restrictions? In going through the manual, I can't see a way to ban all calls prefixed by 1.

Dave
Thanks!
Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Owain

This is a better manual, it has PDF bookmarks

Owain

Quote from: DavePEI on March 01, 2012, 11:15:29 AM
Quote from: Owain on March 01, 2012, 10:28:24 AM
Normally, that is what I would do, but there is nothing to hold it into the phone. Even if protected with lamination, the card will fall right off if the phone is moved. There is supposed to be a keyed plastic overlay on it which fits into slots on the phone to keep it in place.
Dave

a bit of blue-tak underneath will hold the laminated card in place.

Owain

the programming overlay can be worked out by referring to page 3-2 of the manual which details which buttons do what in programming mode.

DavePEI

Quote from: Owain on March 02, 2012, 07:18:31 AM
the programming overlay can be worked out by referring to page 3-2 of the manual which details which buttons do what in programming mode.
Yes, I noticed that. I am thinking of marking those re-assigned during programming right on the phone below the affected buttons.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001