News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ITT 500 printed circuit-board network

Started by phoneguy06, November 23, 2008, 09:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoneguy06

I'd like to install the Rotatone in the newest of my 500s, an ITT/Cortelco from 1991. I like the fact that its ringer can be completely shut off, and that it rings more subtlely than the C4A ringer. My problem is this: the phone contains the PCB network that ITT began to use in its phones in the 1970s, and as such some of the terminals are either labelled differently, and/or positioned differently than those on the 425E. For the Rotatone to have enough power to function, a 100 ohm resistor must be installed between terminals F and RR.

1. Are the terminals labelled F and RR on the PCB identical to those on the 425E?

2. If so, these are quite far apart from one another, how do I install the resistor? As well, whenever I install the Rotatone on a 425E network, I simply cut and neatly wrap the ends of the resistor around the the necessary terminals using needle-nose pliers, but with a PCB, that could be more difficult because of the brackets that have replaced the terminals. I don't own a soldering iron, any ideas?

Thanks for any advice!