News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 555 Switchboard

Started by trainman, March 02, 2016, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I may have a couple of blanks also. I had a 555 board that was stolen. I think the blanks are here somewhere, if needed I will take a look. I also have some switchboard bulbs if anyone needs some.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

trainman

Thanks for the offer. As of now, I am not getting them. He still wanted 400 bucks even if I took only one board. I only wanted the 555 and whatever else we could find in the house that goes with it. I cannot get the 551 in the house without taking it apart. I have narrow front door. 31.5 max width. Nor do I want to keep any of the stuff until either I can sell or trade it.

poplar1

Those SxS switches were probably worth $30-$100 apiece. And the c.o. relay strips on the left are not often seen: ring trip, miliwatt, etc....The 551 had a $175 price tag at the estate sale, and didn't sell. The guy sounds like a real jerk.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

trainman

whats on the left was probably thrown away. He took down that wall, and doesn't remember if he saved them or trashed them. as to the switches, I have no idea what condition they are in.

everything in this picture was moved. I'm not even sure if all the sxs switches pictured are even accounted for.

Whats that junk on the bottom shelf?

AE_Collector

Bottom shelf on the far right looks to be a power supply. Just to the left of it looks like 1A2 cards that belonged in the bottom shelf / card rack mounted on the 2x4's left side of the picture. Dont know what that is further to the left and finally at the far leftbof the storage shelf something from a SxS shelf without a bank or wiper, a trunk or repeater maybe?

Terry

trainman

Looks like he threw out the more valuable of what he had. Unless he previously sold the relay strips, he says he might have thrown them out when he demolished that wall.

trainman

look what I found in my library.

unbeldi

Quote from: trainman on March 10, 2016, 11:41:58 AM
look what I found in my library.

Volume II is in the TCI library, I believe.
It contains the sequence charts and diagrams.

Can you scan yours?

trainman

This guy is frustrating. 400 bucks even if I just take one thing. I dont want everyrhing. I dont have room for the big board, it wont fit in my front door. Walking away.

There are just some people out there who you can't deal with. He's knows you want it and is isn't willing to give an inch. I'd just walk away. But that's just me.

trainman

I hope the next guy likes dealing with this nut. I dont understand? You want the stuff out of your way, so why not deal with just the pieces I want. And adjust your asking price accordingly. Put the rest on ebay for another go round. If no takers, scrap it, with all the rest of the junk from your demolition for your gut rehab house.   Guy just wants $$$$$$. No thanks.

HarrySmith

Be patient, another board will come along eventually. I waited a while and found mine for $50.00. Pretty lucky down in South Florida, not a lot of old phone stuff around. I am so pissed it was stolen! I have not even looked for a replacement.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

trainman

That's awful your board was stolen.

trainman

Found a 551b PBX near me. More complete than any of the last two I looked at.

I rather have a 555, but this one supposedly came out of a department store in my hometown.

Hmm.

Oh, this one is 28 wide and 34 deep so it will clear my front door, but I need to make sure it clears the inner door as well.

AE_Collector

551B is definitely older and more desirable than a 555 as long as it doesn't have to live out on the driveway because it is too wide to fit through the door.

Terry