News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay "taylorrae" - NOS Cord Seller :)

Started by WesternElectricBen, January 06, 2013, 11:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

I have bought my nos cords form this seller for as long as I've been collecting. He never screws up and they come fast. I'm sure some other phone people buy from him. With 7 dollars for line and 11 dollars for handset you cannot go wrong! Is this a collector selling this inventory??

Mounting Cords:
http://tinyurl.com/a6jdpaw

Handset:
http://tinyurl.com/bfvaf4t

Ben

SimpleJim

im in the uk and used these very quick polite and great stuff

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 26, 2013, 04:59:48 AM
i stumbled upon this ebay seller when i was looking for a phone part. this a seller that i highly recomend.they are fast, reliable and they are very friendly. they are on my saved seller list.

Me too, I emailed him and he said his supply is limited to the pictures and he most likely wont restalk which is sort of a let down.

AE_Collector

Well I assume that taylorrae found a hoard of NOS cords and has been selling them on ebay thus when this batch is gone, they are gone. I wouldn't imagine that these cords are being made anymore other than the flat cord version with spade tipshat are available in a couple of basic colors.

Terry

poplar1

Brooke-Tel Brook-Tel still makes round H4CJ cords for G-3 handsets (500s, 554s, Princess, etc.).

http://www.brook-tel.com/products/cords.html

SPADE/SPADE COILED CORD ROUND CORDAGE

Spade tips both ends, 4 conductors, tinsel wire,
polyethylene insulation, vinyl jacket.
PART NO.: H4CJ

LENGTH (extended): 6ft.(1.8m), 9ft.(2.7m), 15ft.(4.6m)

COLORS: Ash, Beige, Black, Cocoa Brown, Lt. Gray, Green, Ivory, Cherry Red, Dark Red, White, Warm White.

*Also available with 6 conductors (H6CJ) - GTE cords are also available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, Adirondak may still make them. In any case, Adirondak will make cords to your specifications. I've been thinking of having them make some H3AR style for 302s.

http://www.whitneyblake.com/AWC/cabass.html
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 26, 2013, 03:55:07 PM
hi westernelectricben,i have been with ebay less then a year and i have learned that sometimes it is hit and miss with some items. also i have a list of saved sellers that if you want me to i can list them for you,heck you might have done business with some of them yourself.

Maybe so. I've been collecting for a little less than 3 yrs and already am in the 70-80's amount of phones.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: poplar1 on March 26, 2013, 04:17:10 PM
Brooke-Tel still makes round H4CJ cords for G-3 handsets (500s, 554s, Princess, etc.).

Thanks you for the reference, I made sure to book mark that page.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 26, 2013, 06:06:29 PM
westernelectricben, thats a lot of phones. your lucky.my collection is currently at 23 after about a year and a half.

You'll get their. And if you it the quote over the message you won't have to say my name to get my attention because it messages me. Hope that helps

WesternElectricBen

Another update: He is still a good seller, but does not seem to care about repete  customers. You'd think that you would give a nice word to someone that has bought many different items from.

That's okay, I'm sure I can find different vendors.

Ben

Contempra

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on December 15, 2013, 08:53:52 PM
Another update: He is still a good seller, but does not seem to care about replete ( repeat? ) customers. You'd think that you would give a nice word to someone that has bought many different items from.

That's okay, I'm sure I can find different vendors.

Ben
Hi Ben, I have bought from this seller,if fact just bought a number 6 rotary dial from him today,his prices are fair and he does have a lot of customers and stuff for sale, he is on my saved seller list, Gregg

twocvbloke

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on December 15, 2013, 08:53:52 PMYou'd think that you would give a nice word to someone that has bought many different items from.

Some do, some don't, if it's months apart, then they may not remember your name from the last item you bought, so I wouldn't take it personally if I were you... :)

Heck, I've bought thing from the same seller many times and never got so much as a "Thanks again for your custom" message, but so long as I safely get what I paid for, that's all that matters... :)

WesternElectricBen

You guys are right, I'm not mad. He does have 4000 some feedback so that makes sence.

But, to someone who I have extanged a few emails with and thanked him.. It's a bit...

Don't stay away from him, he is still a good ebayer though!

Ben