Sold for $453.00
$500 - mienaichizu
$650 - bingster
$688.70 - Brinybay

Jester

I spotted this one, too.  I don't think my pockets are that deep, though! :o
Stephen

bingster

This is officially auction 33!  What will this phone bring in? Get your guesses in before the auction's final day and you could be the next winner!
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

I've never seen one of these that is "two-tone".    I'm pretty sure they didn't make them that way.  I think the fact that it's not all one color could lower the sale price.  I'll go $325.00.

Dan

I'll go $249, rarely do you see colored 5302's on ebay.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

The Operator

I too think the "two tone" will ward off the highest of the high end bidders... I'll say $205. ~The Operator
Ever get the urge to call the number on the dial card and say "Hey, I have your phone."

Dan

I could dye that dial bezel to match . Dye -kem would work
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Tonyrotary

Dennis Markham

You're right Bill, I didn't notice that the dial plate with the dots is missing.  I may have an extra one laying around but it's the black one with white dots for the black phones.  The white 5302 I have has the white dial plate with black dots----as seen here.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1155.msg14643#msg14643

Phonesrfun

I read an article once, but I forget where it was, but it was about pay phones, and it referenced the 5302 and the way they did the 500 with the dots.

Remember that all the old dials had the numbers and letters inside the dial visible through the holes.

With the dial shrowd on the outside of the dial with the numbers and letters, The Bell System or Western Electric conducted trials and found that without the dots as something for the user to aim at where they were going to put their finger next, some got confused and mis-dialed.  The dots gave them something to aim at.
-Bill G

bingster

Dennis, as your white 5302 shows, the dial should have a white case (5J?), and this dial has a black case.  So it appears this phone may have been cobbled together from not two, but three different phones.
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Well it did not claim the $450 BIN, so it probably won't go that high.  I'll guess $360, which is high still, and it has that two tone problem, but it's pretty rare.  

Dennis Markham

Bingster, you're right about the dial casing being black.  That explains the lack of the dots under the finger wheel.  The dial is more than likely a standard #6 dial that would have gone in a black phone.

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e