News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Apartment

Started by AET, March 29, 2010, 03:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

As you all know, we are working on opening up our Law Enforcement Warehouse.  It has a 3 bedroom apartment above it, which I will be moving into.  The place has serious potential, but needs serious work.  I didn't take any 'before' pics unfortunately of the living room, but here are some afters.  I finished today.  On top of working 48 hours this week at the plant, going to get supplies, working on my cars, bringing the buick home, etc.  I've been up since 1pm on Saturday, it's 3:38am Monday right now. 

The room was half red, half dark beige, you can see similar colors in the other room in a couple of the pics.  Thought you may enjoy my beginning of my decorating.  Just my stuff I've been holding onto for when I moved out, all my good stuff isn't even close to being there.  The other guy in the pic is my best Friend Jon, who's been putting in many hours helping me.

Also the AE is a local buy I bought a quarter mile up the road and was residing in my trunk before it made its home here.
- Tom

bwanna

very nice, tom. how exciting to move into your own place. i love the wide trim around the double window. great retro end tables. did mom make the afaghan? will you have the whole place to yourself? with 3 bedrooms you should have plenty of room for phones..... ;)
donna

Phonesrfun

Are those Steifel lamps?
-Bill G

mienaichizu

like your radio tom, anyway I'd like to show off my room too
the first photo is before I clean up my room after my board exams
the second photo is after I clean up my room

McHeath

Well done Tom!  I like the color on the walls, and with the white trim it looks nice and sleek and clean.  The furniture is a fine mix of mid-century styles, some modern and some traditional, and who can go wrong with a console TV?  The end tables are somewhat similar to one I have, and the phone placement looks good as well.  

Ideas for art on the walls?

Nice to see a young man actually setting up a place and giving it some style.  

AET

Thank you everyone.  The color is the same we had in our living room a few years ago, and I thought with the antiques it would be a nice bright backdrop with how dark much of the stuff can be.  And the phone will actually be staying there, there's a jack right there.  The tables were given to me by a friend who said they would be perfect for me, as were the lamps.  The console TV was bought new in 87 when my parents got engaged.  The couch was a St. Vinnies find for 155 bucks.  I've always wanted a wrap around.  The chair and ottoman was 7 bucks, the afghan was 2 bucks, and the radio was 12 bucks.  So, I've kept on a good budget, and it hurts less that all of it's been bought over time.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Tom;
A very handsome apartment. You did good to capture a vintage feel. I have a T.V. that looks quite like yours, is it a Zenith?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

Nice place Tom,
With 3 bedrooms you have some room for your "stuff". I am thinking a few telephones scattered about the place will give it a nice "homey" feel.

Congrats on the new digs,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

foots

Nice pad Tom, nice furniture too.

"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Greg G.

Tom - you have to invite us over for a party so we can trash the place!

Hey, I recognize those end tables!  My parents had a set when I was a kid, late 50s, early 60s.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AET

Brinybay, The day my friend got those end-tables, he told me "You have to have these, they're perfect for you" and I actually have an alarm clock that would also go well with them.  Similar starburst pattern on the side. 

Any and all of you are welcome over anytime you're ever in Pardeeville!

D/P, the TV isn't a Zenith, but I have 3 consoles and one's a Zenith.  This one's a Magnavox, and my favorite.  It was our living room TV, in 7 houses we lived in, until I was 12, and my bedroom one for years after that, and then the one in our summer house.  My parents bought it when they got engaged in 87, and it was made in Tennessee, a rare bird these days.

Jim, glad you like the furniture.  It's kind of funny, people are seeing my decorating, and kind of thinking I have taste.  People just think I'm white-trashy I guess. 
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Tom, seven houses in twelve years?  Did you ever unpack any boxes???

Kenny C

love the place you realy have a nice looking place. My granny has a ton of old furniture in her house i think the newest piece of furniture she got was in 2003-2004. but her bedroom is in complete antique furniture. She has a sewing machine from the 50's or early 60's witch she still uses and she has a huge iron bed that she has had since she moved here in 1944. And early forty's or late forty's chest of drawers.and a chifferobe that she got with a bed room suit in the forty's. And this thing with two small drawers on each side and a huge mirror in the center.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AET

It's been wild Dennis, I'm 19 now, and this is property number 14.

I bet your grandma has some great furniture there Kenny!  My bedroom set was my grandparents, the set is a Bassett from 1956, the mattress is from 1960. 
- Tom

Ampico66

Get a working 50s TV from Craigslist.  They're out there!