News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - April 2014

Started by AE_Collector, March 26, 2014, 01:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - April 2014   (TWO VOTES EACH)

Mr. Bones' 1955 WE Mediterranean  Blue for $150
10 (28.6%)
WesternElectricBen's WE 410 from a good friend for FREE
14 (40%)
c64man's WE 5302 for $15 from a store
5 (14.3%)
Sargeguy's 1889-1895 American Bell Telephone "Long Distance Telephone" sign for $150
5 (14.3%)
Fabius' Automatic Electric Strowger Potbelly candlestick telephone for $2,500
8 (22.9%)
LarryInMichigan's Ivory GPO 232 for a total of about $98
7 (20%)
Brinybay's Ivory 302 from Goodwill for a total of $147.83
3 (8.6%)
TelePlay's 1950 North Galion from eBay for a total of $47
7 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 35

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" for April 2014 here.

A "Find of the Month" is an item that you acquired within the last month or so that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entries to one Phone item OR One "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find for next months contest.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

Mr. Bones

For what it might be worth, I'll nominate:

My '55 Med Blue for $150

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

My WE 410, given to me, by a good friend, as well as some reading material.

Link: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11543.msg123020#msg123020

Ben

Mr. Bones

Absolutely Gorgeous telephone, Ben. So far, you have my vote! ;) EDIT: one of my two votes!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 05, 2014, 07:39:34 PM
Absolutely Gorgeous telephone, Ben. So far, you have my vote! ;)

Thanks, but we cannot forget about yours. I think a lower price on eBaY is at least $200.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

If we are allowed at least two votes, I'm gonna give each of you guys one! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

c64man

My 15 dollar WE 5302

On the way home from easter with the in laws in Indianapolis  I found a WE 5302 in darn nice shape.  A whole 15 dollars.  and it works great.   I also picked up a non dial 202 in similar shape that I need to unpack from the car. 

Western electric 5302 by slandon110, on Flickr

Sargeguy

Not a phone, but I'll nominate my $150 1889-1895 American Bell Telephone "Long Distance Telephone" sign.  Despite the crappy condition, it is the "Mother of All Bell System Signs", much rarer than the later "Local and Long Distance Telephone" sign and highly sought after by collectors.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

I nominate the Automatic Electric Strowger Potbelly candlestick telephone I recently had the pleasure of obtaining from a long time collection. I was with the collector when he bought it about 20 years ago at the ATCA Abilene KS show. The dial operates as it should and the push ring button and mechanism are original and all there. Many Strowgers are missing the button and mechanism. Also it has excellent original nickel plating. No re-plated bumper chrome here. Even the dial card is an original card. I paid the "going price" for one of these in excellent condition. $2500. I did get free shipping though.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

LarryInMichigan

How about my ivory GPO 232 for a total of about $98.

Larry

Mr. Bones

Greg, Tom, Larry, I am dazzled by all your nominations! Very nice, and very worthy toys! By the way, Greg, very impressive restoration work on your sign. I'd be too afraid of ruining it...

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Greg G.

I'll throw my Ivory 302 I got from Goodwill into the soup.  With tax and handling it came to $147.83

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11655.msg124090#msg124090
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Mr. Bones

Hard to beat a deal like that, any day of the year, Briny!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

We are getting close to the end of April so if anyone knows of a great "find" someone may have posted in a topic, somewhere else on the forum, in April and would like to nominate it for the April Find of the Month, please do so within the next few days.

We have a variety of many good finds so far but keep in mind, it was a last day nomination that gave last month's winner a run for its money.

Terry told me he's just about shoveled his way out of that snow storm. Unfortunately, he won't break through, reach the end of the tunnel he's been working on for the past month, until a few days after the end of the month. As such, I will be setting up this month's contest for him and it should be up and ready to go on May 1st.

Good luck to all nominations and nominees.

TelePlay

In the absence of AE_Collector, who is somewhere close to home and very tired of shoveling that snow tunnel to get there, ::), he asked me to get this poll going for April.

It's time to vote for the April 2014 Find of the Month. There are eight ( 8 ) contestants this month. This month has a variety of items, each of which was a very nice "Find" for their new owners. Any one of them is worthy of being the Find of the Month winner for April, but only one can win that title.

Everyone gets two votes this time so use them wisely!