News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - August 2014

Started by TelePlay, August 01, 2014, 08:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - August 2014 Run Off Vote  (ONE VOTE EACH)

Kenton K's WE soft plastic Rose Beige 500, soft plastic Ivory 500 and a teletrainer from online for $50 plus $46 shipping
14 (41.2%)
sebbel's Bell Canada 3-Boxer with Blake transmitter and long pole receiver for $500
20 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

tallguy58

As rare as they are, I saw two of them in person in one month.

The first was in Baddeck, Nova Scotia at the Alexander Graham Bell museum. The second one at Dave's museum in P.E.I.

Here's the one in Baddeck

Cheers........Bill

sebbel

I think you may be gaming the system if you specifically look for them in museums! :) 

As a picker I can say that they don't show up too often at least not for less than to retails. The only other 2 I have see in the past 3 years were selling for $2000 and $3000 respectively. I considered buing the $2000 one but it sold so fast I didn't get a chance to get a reply from the seller.

Its the first phone that I really want to keep because I know for a fact that the odds of my finding another one at a fair price is near impossible.  I keep about 10-15 phones at any given time and except for this one there isn't one I haven't had multiple times.  I may lend it to the historical Acadian Settlement in New Brunswick so that it can be displayed to a wide crowed.

If anyone has a lower box for it I would be interested, also the ringer.

Thanks for the votes and congrats to Kenton K as far as I'm concerned this month was a tie. 

Quote from: tallguy58 on September 10, 2014, 12:28:35 PM
As rare as they are, I saw two of them in person in one month.

The first was in Baddeck, Nova Scotia at the Alexander Graham Bell museum. The second one at Dave's museum in P.E.I.

Here's the one in Baddeck

Seb.