News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

What would YOU do if you walked into an Estate sale and saw this "partial" pay phone (photo attached) sitting in the middle of an empty 2-car garage? That was how it happened, honestly!

The  family running the estate sale told me that they had decided that it was worth $150.00 if I was interested in it......... They actually GAVE me the other phone stuff in the photo (phone booth fan & early buttset), and the buttset had a #2AA dial in it! The colorful box on the left in the photo (sitting on the bed-floor) was a still-in-the-box Lionel Train Set that they sold to me for $40 ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Aww gee, not another project for Ray....it's never ending! Looks like you scored a nice wooden salad bowl to go with the Silver Dollar Paystation?

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 22, 2018, 12:42:34 PM
Aww gee, not another project for Ray....it's never ending! Looks like you scored a nice wooden salad bowl to go with the Silver Dollar Paystation?

Terry

Yea, Terry; they actually gave me all of the wooden bowls and the cool wooden crates for buying that "UGLY" old "Partial Payphone" as they called it!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Yeah, things that aren't "plug and play" aren't worth much in today's world. Just taking up space in the garage. Even came with the key which devalues it further since they were able to clean out the cash box :(

Terry

wds

Not sure what the red "barbell"  on the left is, and it's quite heavy.   Phone book holder on the right?

Candlestick - Oddly enough, I bid on a phone with the exact same pencil holder less than a week ago.  Glad I didn't win!
Dave

wds

BSP Books.  Books 1 thru 4, another book C59 thru C69, and a book of wiring diagrams.
Dave

wds

Book #1.  Way too many pages to try and post all the pictures.
Dave

wds

Book #2.
Dave

wds

Book #3
Dave

wds

Book #4
Dave

wds

5th book.  The first two pictures are answering machines - I have both of them in this collection.
Dave

wds

Wiring diagrams.  A whole book of wiring diagrams covering just about everything.
Dave

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, really cool books! I would guess they are from 1955 or very early 1956, based on some of the 500 features shown.

Do you think you could get those scanned?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

jsowers

I'd guess that from the line about the yellow 500 that 1956 is the date, because it said it came with either yellow or gray cords. Red probably says the same thing. Red, yellow and dark beige were the first ones to match all over, cords and all, in spring, 1956. Those are very nice booklets!
Jonathan

wds

You can see dates on the top of some of the pages.  Seem to range from the 30's to 1956
Dave