News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - October 2011

Started by AE_Collector, October 01, 2011, 01:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - October 2011

DavePEI's Long Awaited 1905 Strowger Wall Phone for under $600 ($592)
5 (20%)
JubileeCompact's Rare Siemens GPO 706 from 1959 for 49 Pounds (US$80)
3 (12%)
Doug Rose's Flea Market find of a 202/D1 Continental for $30
4 (16%)
Brinybay's Craig's List NIB AECo Black 880 Speakerphone for $30
2 (8%)
Kleenax's Amazing find of 12 Colored early AE Sets for $6000
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

AE_Collector

Okay Folks, time to vote for the "Find of the Month for October 2011".

Remember to vote for the "Find" that would have been "Your Find of the YEAR" had you been lucky enough to have stumbled upon it at an Auction, on Craig's List, on ebaY, at the Flea Market, at a Garage Sale or in the Dumpster.

There are some great Finds this month so lets try to set a record for the number of votes for the "Find of the Month" this time!

Terry

AE_Collector

Well, that's it for the October 2011 Find of the Month. A great competition this month with lots of terrific finds but in the end, probably the most amazing find of all is the run away winner. Being a collector of AE phones who myself only has a couple of early colored AE sets, a find like this one of Ray's just makes me dream of even being able to find one like this let alone 12 of them.

Congratulations Ray!

So we didn't quite beat the all time record of 27 votes for the FInd of the Month last January but we gave it a good try. Thanks everyone for taking he time to check out the FInd of the Month and for voting.

Now on to November and guess what, already a Mahogany AE 40 with Gold trim has been found for the steep price of $40. Looks as though my ship will never come in at this rate, in fact I better check to see that it hasn't sunk.

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: AE_collector on November 15, 2011, 12:59:30 AM
Well, that's it for the October 2011 Find of the Month. A great competition this month with lots of terrific finds but in the end, probably the most amazing find of all is the run away winner. Being a collector of AE phones who myself only has a couple of early colored AE sets, a find like this one of Ray's just makes me dream of even being able to find one like this let alone 12 of them.

Congratulations Ray!

So we didn't quite beat the all time record of 27 votes for the FInd of the Month last January but we gave it a good try. Thanks everyone for taking he time to check out the FInd of the Month and for voting.

Now on to November and guess what, already a Mahogany AE 40 with Gold trim has been found for the steep price of $40. Looks as though my ship will never come in at this rate, in fact I better check to see that it hasn't sunk.

Terry

Thanks Terry for the work on this (and the award:)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Quote from: kleenax on November 23, 2011, 08:43:14 PM
Thanks Terry for the work on this (and the award:)

Keep a real close eye on your mail box Ray for the cash part of the award. Don't stay out there too long though, I would imagine it is starting to get cold there now.

If you have the oportunity to post any more pictures of the cleaned up results of the AE's, I'm sure that more than just myself would love to see you add them to the original thread.

Terry