News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - June 2012

Started by AE_Collector, June 05, 2012, 10:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - June 2012

TelePlay's AE 40 with Chrome Handset Bands & Fingerwheel for $2.50 at a Fleamarket
19 (73.1%)
AE_collectors Dawn Gray AE87 (missing Handset & Dial) for $15 at Seattle Phone Show
2 (7.7%)
AE_collectors Ivory 302 (less dial) for $47.50 at the Seattle Phone Show
5 (19.2%)
Wish I had (or could afford) the two GN4676 phones that Bill is showing!
7 (26.9%)
DavePEI's WILCOM Model No. T136BSBZW Circuit Test Set - $9.99 on ebaY
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: July 14, 2012, 01:26:37 AM

jsowers

Terry, one day you're going to find a Dawn Gray AE80 with a broken housing and boy will you be set. That combination of gray and black is nice and it's no wonder the kitty approves since the cat and the phone are both gray and black.

The card on the 302 is great. LOng Branch. Reminds me of Miss Kitty's saloon on Gunsmoke.
Jonathan

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on June 27, 2012, 07:27:25 AM
Nice, Terry.  The two-tone looks great.  Looks like kitty approves of them both.

Yeah I thought that given the circumstances (missing handset and dial assembly) and with Gray being an early color, two tone might be a good way to go. That Cat (Sophie) has a real hard time staying still. Surprised that she isn't just a blur.

Quote from: jsowers on June 27, 2012, 08:02:55 AM
Terry, one day you're going to find a Dawn Gray AE80 with a broken housing and boy will you be set. That combination of gray and black is nice and it's no wonder the kitty approves since the cat and the phone are both gray and black.

I actually got a complete dawn gray AE 81 the same day for even less $$$. I was going to use the handset and dial for the AE87 but couldn't bring myself to part it out since it is complete. It is much more discolored than the 87 as well so the parts wouldn't be a good match without some work.

Yes my wife has to have everything matching, even the cat!

Anyone with any more Find of the Month submissions for this month? Only a few days left now....

Terry

LarryInMichigan

Terry,

Do collect cats in every color :D?

Larry

Phonesrfun

Speaking of the Seattle show, and interesting "finds", here is a photo of the two GN4676 phones.

I didn't buy them, but they are unique.  From a find of the month standpoint, these come under the heading of "you don't see these every day".

By the way, I understand these are going to go to e-Bay soon, if not already.

-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_collector on June 27, 2012, 12:44:39 AM
And here's another from the Seattle show.

An Ivory 302 less dial to go with the Ivory 354 that I have had for ever. I don't go out of my way to collect other than AE but thought that an Ivory 302 to put withthe Ivory 354 would be keepers even for an AE_collector. I paid $47.50 though it was $95 but I jumped on it when everything on Kevin's table went on the block at half price near the end. It has a couple of stress cracks AND the usual crack in the front corner (visible lower left side) but that doesn't bother me.

Terry

Buy two phones, get a free kitty!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

Nice photo, Bill.  They would look good at your place....or mine. :)  It will be a fun auction to watch.

DavePEI

Now, for something really different...

A WILCOM Products Model No. T136BSBZW Circuit Test Set in mint condition, bought on eBay for $9.99. These were widely used from the 70s until early 90s. Note how clean the clip leads are. It didn't look as though it had ever had batteries installed. It was a very important tool in the telephone man's tool kit!

For comparison, see Ebay # 140685900007 not nearly in as nice shape, and it is selling for $150.00 as compared to $9.99 for my mint one.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Okay, here we go again! Time to vote for the "Find of the Month"!

So the Find of the Month has been kind of...well sort of...sucking lately. Maybe it has run it's course. Not very many submissions and votes are off just a little lately as well. If anyone has any suggestions to liven it up a bit feel free to suggest away.

This month you each get two votes so use them wisely! I threw in Bill's "Sort of Find(s)" (though he doesn't own them...not YET at least, right Bill!) The two GN4676 Desk Phones. So you can vote for them or what ever you want to vote for with your Bonus vote.

Terry

HarrySmith

Apparently you have to use both votes at the same time. I put in one vote before you posted about getting 2 and I cannot add one now.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Try it again now Harry (or anyone who wants to. I just changed the poll so that anyone can "change" their vote where as they couldn't change it before. If you have already voted there is now a "Remove Vote" button that removes your vote and then you can vote again, presumbaly for two items rather than one. Just trying to figure the ins and outs of how this works.

Terry

HarrySmith

Thanks. Works now, I got my two votes in!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Okay, going to call it a month and move on to July now. It looks as though TelePlay cleaned up twice this month. once with his $2.50 AE 40 with Chrome and now again on the June 2012 Find of the Month. Congratulations TelePlay!

The two GN4676 sets that Bill shared with us came in second. Let us know what happens with them Bill.

Here's the results:

TelePlay's AE 40 with Chrome Handset Bands & Fingerwheel for $2.50 at a Fleamarket   19 (50%)
AE_collectors Dawn Gray AE87 (missing Handset & Dial) for $15 at Seattle Phone Show   2 (5.3%)
AE_collectors Ivory 302 (less dial) for $47.50 at the Seattle Phone Show   5 (13.2%)
Wish I had (or could afford) the two GN4676 phones that Bill is showing!    7 (18.4%)
DavePEI's WILCOM Model No. T136BSBZW Circuit Test Set - $9.99 on ebaY   5 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 26

TelePlay

Thanks all.

And, Terry, do you need my FedEx mailing address or will you be using snail mail?  ::)

AE_Collector

I am going to start using Interac Direct deposit for prize winnings now. Keep an eye on your bank account! (Even though you and your AE40 walked all over my Dawn Gray AE87!).

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_collector on July 12, 2012, 09:33:05 PM
I am going to start using Interac Direct deposit for prize winnings now. Keep an eye on your bank account! (Even though you and your AE40 walked all over my Dawn Gray AE87!).

Wow, Terry, you're good.  And what a great idea!

Checked my account today after work and it was already there. Thanks a grand . . .   :D